Paul Lambert

limpid

Can't agree about the fans. I think most clubs would have turned much quicker. It wasn't until the end of last year when fans finally lost patience and even though its been terrible the fans have not turned on him during this current run.

I could see where some of the reasons/excuses were coming from but the latest round of unlucky and blame on fans is clutching a bit.

• Like 1

Can't agree about the fans. I think most clubs would have turned much quicker. It wasn't until the end of last year when fans finally lost patience and even though its been terrible the fans have not turned on him during this current run.

I could see where some of the reasons/excuses were coming from but the latest round of unlucky and blame on fans is clutching a bit.

Aren't a lot of those "reasons and excuses" the same as they've always been though? 

I don't get the hype about Moyes.

It took him the best part of ten years to get Everton established.

He expected to go to Man Utd and start another long term rebuilding process - but the fans were not prepared to wait that long, and with their history - who could blame them?

He would be a disastrous appointment for us in my opinion.

We should have pulled all the stops out to get Martinez when we had the chance. 

The only good to come out of the Lambert era is Benteke, Vlaar, and the emergence of Delph and Guzan.

He does need to go, but all I could see replacing him would be someone like Pulis.

Am I being unfair?

He expected to go to Man Utd and start another long term rebuilding process - but the fans were not prepared to wait that long, and with their history - who could blame them?

The only good to come out of the Lambert era is Benteke, Vlaar, and the emergence of Delph and Guzan.

He does need to go, but all I could see replacing him would be someone like Pulis.

Am I being unfair?

Nope youre not and im shouting for Lambert to be given to new year. With Pulis you will be getting one step forward and two steps back. People who make very valid reasons and arguments for getting rid of Lambert now, then go off spouting about Pulis loose credibility with me.

Am I being unfair?

Just a bit!

It took David Moyes ten years to get Everton established? He secured top-eight finishes in each of his final seven seasons there so that quite clearly isn't true.

As for his time at United, I don't think it is in dispute that Ferguson didn't leave much of a legacy in terms of playing squad is it? You only have to look at them this season, despite £170m spent, to see that it was always going to be a rebuilding job and transitional period whoever was manager. That's not to say that Moyes couldn't have done better because he obviously could've but he deserved at least another season to shape the squad I believe.

Edited by Isa

Am I being unfair?

Nope youre not and im shouting for Lambert to be given to new year. With Pulis you will be getting one step forward and two steps back. People who make very valid reasons and arguments for getting rid of Lambert now, then go off spouting about Pulis loose credibility with me.

I'm not a fan of Pulis so agree with you there. Give Lambert till the New Year??? For what, he is hardly going to turn this team around now, its gone much to far. We may win a few games and put in some great performances, but its consistency we lack and will never have under Lambert. Nothings gonna change with Lambert here, but its more than possible with a new guy in!!

Am I being unfair?

But we're not looking for someone to come and build a long term project.

We're for sale, no one is coming here to do that.

We need a short term boost while we wait to be sold. Pullis would provide that.

As for his time at United, I don't think it is in dispute that Ferguson didn't leave much of a legacy in terms of playing squad is it? You only have to look at them this season, despite £170m spent, to see that it was always going to be a rebuilding job and transitional period whoever was manager. That's not to say that Moyes couldn't have done better because he obviously could've but he deserved at least another season to shape the squad I believe.

Finances... transitional period... sounds like a load of excuses to me ;)

Am I being unfair?

It is indeed ridiculous to believe that the Manager of the Year, who saved a team who looked certain to go down less than a calendar year ago, could possibly benefit this sinking club in any way. 

But we're not looking for someone to come and build a long term project.

We're for sale, no one is coming here to do that.

We need a short term boost while we wait to be sold. Pullis would provide that.

I can't agree with that. Any managerial appointment should be made with a long term view in mind, regardless of the circumstances. I accept there maybe extreme situations where this might not be the case, but we are not in an extreme situation.

Also whether we are for sale, not for sale or sold, we cannot assume the financial parameters will change that much anyway. Whilst FFP remains in force, any manger, under any owner will need to work within the parameters of club income.

If we struck gold and someone with Man City/Chelsea money came along, they may just decide to say **** it with regard to the FFP rules and pay the fines for breaking them, in order to get up the league quickly. I think there is a very small chance of that happening.

I couldn't see any new owner coming in without this level of funding available being prepared to cover the losses and the following fines to fund a spending spree on players.

We would probably see a modest increase in funds available (it's tough to say whether we may see that under the current owner anyway - the alleged £8m bid for JC would indicate we could), but no more.

It will still be a huge task for any manger, assuming where we want to be as a minimum is up with the top 6/7. It will require time, good coaching and superb player trading.

I thought Lambert had the skills required, but it's looking like he doesn't, or at least if he does they have deserted him at the minute. But if he is to be replaced then I want somebody who can make a material difference over time, not someone to take us from 15th to 12th.

Why would Pulis be happy to come here just to provide a short term boost? And if he did provide that boost more than likely he'd be here for longer anyway as I'm sure new owners would just keep him on if he'd done a good job.

• Like 1

I get what you are saying, but Moyes didn't really push Everton to be a force - it was a safe, little job. They were average and he didn't really excel himself; we were a far better side than them in the early days of Lerner and MON.

To be honest, I'd like to see an up and coming foreign manager given a chance at Villa.

This current obsession with boring Scottish managers is clearly not working. Moyes would just be another to add to the list.

Lambert is no different to McLeish in my view. Both were boring, uninspiring, with a catalogue of excuses ready for anything that went wrong. Lambert's view of games is delusional. We play awful, get overrun in midfield and often only manage one shot on target....yet if you listened to him and never watched the game, you would think we'd bossed it from start to finish and were just unlucky.

• Like 1

Finances... transitional period... sounds like a load of excuses to me ;)

Excuses that would've expired had it continued in his second season, just as they did in Lambert's second season ;)

• Like 1

Â