Paul Lambert

limpid

We weren't particularly good versus man city either.

I suppose it all depends on your standards/expectations. Any team can set up 11 men behind the ball and it's very admirable when it pulls off against a top team. However, anytime when a top league football team can't pass the ball or get shots on target its a bit poor tbh.

• Like 1

Ah the classic, patronising "if you don't think we were shit then you've lowered your expectations" bullshit.

No matter how much you sneer at it, our expectations HAVE been lowered. It's been lowered that much that a match at home against one of the league's poorest teams where we couldn't even muster a shot on target isn't even classed as a poor performance.

Crikey, Lerner's PR people have really done a job on some of our fans.

Ah the classic, patronising "if you don't think we were shit then you've lowered your expectations" bullshit.

No matter how much you sneer at it, our expectations HAVE been lowered. It's been lowered that much that a match at home against one of the league's poorest teams where we couldn't even muster a shot on target isn't even classed as a poor performance.

Crikey, Lerner's PR people have really done a job on some of our fans.

Patronising bullshit.

Just because I thought a game where we got a point wasn't "shit".

Whilst I would agree that we have to be realistic in our expectations I do think we as supporters have a responsibility to make it known that we expect certain levels. If the supporters don’t make demands then nobody will.

This club should not be battling relegation every season but that is what has happened for the last 4 seasons and could well happen this season. Any club can have the odd season of struggle but this is now becoming deep rooted and that should never be acceptable for this club.

Crowds have dropped off dramatically since 2010 and this season especially looks like being the one where we see the average drop by 3 - 4 thousand compared to the previous season. Many supporters have clearly had enough with the team struggling and the dross served up. Even though I have continued to have a season ticket throughout I can see why some have thrown the towel in in terms of attending.

In terms of Lambert then I agree with others that tonight could well have a huge bearing in terms of how the season will pan out. A win and we have stopped the recent rot and can again be confident of staying out of trouble. A defeat and we are on a run of 5 defeats on the spin with Spurs, West Ham and Saints to follow. A defeat would also see the crowd ready to pounce on Lamberts back again if things don’t go well at VP against Spurs on Sunday. It is vital we get a result tonight.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

In terms of paying £35-40 to be entertained the Newcastle game was pretty dire IMO.

However it wasn't wasn't of the worst performances in the post MON era - but there is some stiff competition for that title

I think paying £40 for the majority of the games in the PL nowdays is **** dire tbh.

Whilst I would agree that we have to be realistic in our expectations I do think we as supporters have a responsibility to make it known that we expect certain levels. If the supporters don’t make demands then nobody will.

This club should not be battling relegation every season but that is what has happened for the last 4 seasons and could well happen this season. Any club can have the odd season of struggle but this is now becoming deep rooted and that should never be acceptable for this club.

Crowds have dropped off dramatically since 2010 and this season especially looks like being the one where we see the average drop by 3 - 4 thousand compared to the previous season. Many supporters have clearly had enough with the team struggling and the dross served up. Even though I have continued to have a season ticket throughout I can see why some have thrown the towel in in terms of attending.

In terms of Lambert then I agree with others that tonight could well have a huge bearing in terms of how the season will pan out. A win and we have stopped the recent rot and can again be confident of staying out of trouble. A defeat and we are on a run of 5 defeats on the spin with Spurs, West Ham and Saints to follow. A defeat would also see the crowd ready to pounce on Lamberts back again if things don’t go well at VP against Spurs on Sunday. It is vital we got a result tonight.

The voice of reason again Mark! Spot on! 

There are only 7 teams who have been ever presents in the PL and six of those finished in the top seven spots in the league last year. Only one ever present finished outside of the top seven and guess what that was us! You're right Mark if we sit back and say this level of performance is OK then we have no one else but ourselves to blame.

No one else is going to complain! Lerner claimed to know the histroy of our great club? Well all he has picked up is the bad management we have seen all too often over the past 30 years! I don't want to be another Forest or Leeds stuck in the championship missing out on the big time every year.

Under Lerner and Lambert we will get to see how frustrating that is.

Lambert is an awful manager, We have a half decent team now and we still can't score goals and must be the most dire team in the league to watch. Lerner biggest mistake is giving that loser a new contract it certainly worse than MON's free reign with the piggy bank at least that got us some success. Lambert OUT!

• Like 2

There are only 7 teams who have been ever presents in the PL and six of those finished in the top seven spots in the league last year. Only one ever present finished outside of the top seven and guess what that was us!

Really annoying to read things like that. Randy Lerner and everyone associated with him since he joined have really let us all down. Obviously some more than others but right now we're a mess and I'm not sure what there actually is to look forward to.

It seems that all I've got to cheer is survival in the hope that someone actually wants to buy us. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to continue paying hundreds of pounds for this pleasure.

And its not about glory hunting. I just want something I can get behind and believe in.

• Like 2

It's a bit misleading though.

4 of them have financial might we could only dream of, spurs have London and Everton had 10 years of stability with moyes.

OK to a certain extent you're right but not completely. Arsenal and Liverpool were both there for the taking and for most of the first 4 years under Lerner we out spent Spurs and had a higher wage bill? What Everton and Spurs both had was proper football people at the helm not some silly kid from a credit card company's customer service department.

Also remember that every time Lerner has changed manager we have changed the clubs ethos! This has caused constant unrest and chaos in the club and therefore the side.

Then the one time Lerner seems to put some thought to may be consistancy is a good thing he chooses to do so with the manager with the worst record since he brought the club. Anyone would think he is trying to wreck us on purpose?

This counter attack nonsense is starting to annoy me as well. It's not like we are even any good at it. None of our midfield are quick but Delph and Gabby is the only one with any real pace. When did we last score a good counter attack goal?

Lowton is a big miss to this system, he wasn't great at defending but he got forward and has more quality in crossing and passing than Hutton has. He put in a lot of good balls for Benteke. You can say the same on the other side with Bertrand missing.

Benteke has played one full game with those full backs, and as for Bertrand, he played about 4 games with CB and can't remember a single chance or goal he created for him.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Yeah, really annoying to see us on that list.

I would much rather we had got relegated like Sheff Wed, Leeds, Nottingham and so on...

Do you think we should just be grateful that we stay in the league?

It's a bit misleading though.

4 of them have financial might we could only dream of, spurs have London and Everton had 10 years of stability with moyes.

Its not really. We've been poorly run in a lot of ways. They haven't.

Â