Paul Lambert

limpid

Well wednesday was a terrible and embarrassing result. Today we played very well and got a good result. Of course the reactions are going to be different. I think I can acknowledge a good league start whilst also being thoroughly pissed off with our consistent failures in the cups.

Yeah but it's one extreme to the other. You can't want him gone when we lose a game but then want him to stay when we win. That's madness.

Mostly, it's just different forum members. 

It's a good start....no more no less.

We have had some stupendous results in recent times only to stumble back to mediocrity in the next breath......that's not building, it's surviving.

We will see.....and I would suspect c 10' 0000 fans think the same.

....never renewed my season ticket, but was there today.

Good first half, disappointing second, but good result.

• Like 1

The reason the fans opinions are up and down like a fiddlers elbow.....it's because that how the team is.

The reason the fans opinions are up and down like a fiddlers elbow.....it's because that's how the team is.

Edited by TRO

The reason the fans opinions are up and down like a fiddlers elbow.....it's because that how the team is.

The reason the fans opinions are up and down like a fiddlers elbow.....it's because that's how the team is.

I don't think it is mate. There are two distinct camps or schools of thought and then a few swing voters in between.

The reason the time of the thread varies with our results is that it's different people and opinions dominating the discussion depending upon the result(s) which have been inconsistent as you say.

It's a good start....no more no less.

We have had some stupendous results in recent times only to stumble back to mediocrity in the next breath......that's not building, it's surviving.

We will see.....and I would suspect c 10' 0000 fans think the same.

....never renewed my season ticket, but was there today.

Good first half, disappointing second, but good result.

The biggest difference is picking up points without Benteke or Vlaar.

People who want Lambert to be sacked won't have changed their mind after this one game or even the 3 league games at the start of the season.

I don't think there's any chopping and changing going on in opinions, you just hear one side more vocally than the other after victories/defeats.

The main thing I liked today was Villa Park belting out "Paul Lambert's claret and blue army!" for a solid few minutes and, irrespective of whether or not it's "him" getting the backing or just the club on the whole, it's the kind of thing that is great for moral.  This is why I'm so, SO against people booing at a match.  It was great to see our fans giving a top atmosphere despite not reaching anywhere near capacity.  Hopefully all an ideal confidence boost before our horror run of games.

Either way, the pressure on Aston Villa just got lifted a little.

First half the tactics were spot in and we played some of the best football of his tenure.

Second half was too defensive and I would've liked to have Jack come on at the same time as Sanchez.

Fair play to him though, we won and seven from nine is incredible considering I thought we'd be **** this yr.

if it continues fans and support will return.

• Like 1

First half the tactics were spot in and we played some of the best football of his tenure.

Second half was too defensive and I would've liked to have Jack come on at the same time as Sanchez.

Fair play to him though, we won and seven from nine is incredible considering I thought we'd be **** this yr.

if it continues fans and support will return.

Thought he got his tactics spot on in both halves. Hull had to improve and they did, we started to look a little leggy after pressing so hard in the first 45 and he bought Sanchez on to sure things up. Grealish provided a fresh outlet and we could have had a couple more. Bit nervy at the end, but I was happy he did all he could.

I've always liked him.

The worry I had last season was how far backwards the quality of football had gone. At the end of his first season we were looking pretty decent.

Hopefully with a fully fit squad, he can take us back to that.

• Like 4

I haven't changed my mind about Lambert just because of a good start. Still want him out tbh. 

You don't really mean that though do you?

Sit down and have a think about what would happen if there was no Lambo tomorrow. No-one would want the job until we had new owners, the wheels could come right off the wagon and we'd be in very deep shit.

I like him, I think he's going to be very good for us long term. People underestimate just how far up shit creek we were when he arrived and how much Lerner has been furiously paddling the wrong way up that creek with the restrictions placed on Lambert's tenure as manager. It takes time to sort that out, or huge amounts of cash. we only have the luxury of time for Lambert and he's cleared out a ageing, not bothered squad, found himself short of numbers and funds, brought in a few, nearly gone down, ended the first season on a high, the second summer the trasfer didn't work as well as the first, injuries, deep shit... Now he really has had a very good summer IMO, the appt of Keane could be a bit of genius, the players brought in for peanuts this summer are already having a great effect on this young side and the first half against Hull was som eof the best football we've played in a long time.

Calls to get rid are insane IMHO at this point. Believe what you like obviously but you know, I just can't see wy you'd want that right now.

• Like 3

Yeah, i'm in the same boat. Can't wait for the bloke to leave/be sacked

Two seasons of beyond belief wretched football haven't been outweighed by 3 decent results. If we're top 6 by December i may cut him some slack

I can't warm to the bloke or his ideals at all

• Like 1

Yeah, i'm in the same boat. Can't wait for the bloke to leave/be sacked

Two seasons of beyond belief wretched football haven't been outweighed by 3 decent results. If we're top 6 by December i may cut him some slack

I can't warm to the bloke or his ideals at all

Which is fine, it is your honest opinion and you have stood by it. But as above, do you honestly think now is the time?

Â