Paul Lambert

limpid

Whilst not too unhappy with the result, I thought Newcastle were there for taking and Lamberts tactics were negative. Once he brought on Sanchez it was obvious we were playing for the draw. Yes Bent came on, but we all know he is a poacher taking off our wingers (however, ineffective they had been) meant that Bent was never going to get a sniff.

Have to say despite the odd lapse we did look stronger at the back with Senderos so far looking an inspired signing!

Look very solid. Defence and Midfield look good.

Upfront a concern but with Benteke and Kozak hopefully not too far away that should be ok.

I'm happy with it. Can't fault the tactics too much to be honest.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

My biggest issue was taking off Richardson instead of Weimann. Made the changes early for once, and we looked solid-ish at the back. Need to calm down in possession some, and stop trying to immediately break after we gain possession. If it is there, sure, but stop trying to force the counter attack. Sometimes a good spell of possession is worth more than one half chance on the break.

I agree with that Samjp. We don't look like scoring many with the current strikers. I guess we have got to hope that we snatch the odd win here and there until Benteke and Kozak come back.

Ideally we should be looking for another forward to replace one of the current two. But with finances short we will probably have to make do with what we have for now.

Lamberts tactics and line up management is s****.

Counter attacking football at home is S****.

Starting Richardson on the right of midfield S****.

Playing Weiman and or Gabby on the same team S****.

Finally moving Richardson to his natural left side of midfield and working well with Cissohko but ultimately taking off the width to bring on Bent S****

Lambert still in charge S****

Newcastle were growing in confidence and pushing us back more and more. I can fully understand why he brought Sanchez on.

They were getting on top and it was a smart sub. We were also about to go for it, grealish was ready to come on but an injury forced another defensive sub.

Richardson was finding space down the left and putting crosses in but Gabby was no where. Should have replaced Gabby with Bent. That's the only criticism I have of Lambert today really. Need benteke back!

• Like 1

Lamberts tactics and line up management is s****.

Counter attacking football at home is S****.

Starting Richardson on the right of midfield S****.

Playing Weiman and or Gabby on the same team S****.

Finally moving Richardson to his natural left side of midfield and working well with Cissohko but ultimately taking off the width to bring on Bent S****

Lambert still in charge S****

Cissokho got injured and Zoggy looked like he could have got sent off

• Like 3

Â