Paul Lambert

limpid

He's got a point though. Yes those defeats are shameful but at the same time we've also beaten Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea (the former two away) while Lambert's been here. The only cup upset I think you could really single out is the defeat to Bradford. They were a League 2 team and it was over 2 legs after all, but then again you also have to remember that they beat Arsenal before playing us.

Obviously you can't just ignore those games but people do seem to give them more attention than they deserve, especially when there are other more important criticisms of Lambert.

Still think we would have beaten Bradford comfortably, some big names with glaring misses in both matches. Funny how people aren't bringing the fact that Bradford had beaten Arsenal in the previous round. Cup football is by its very nature unpredictable.

Edited by The_Steve

They didn't beat Arsenal over two legs though if you care to remember. Also can you please point out the other managers who have managed three such upsets in just two seasons? There's a difference between the odd upset which can happen to anyone and what has happened under Lambert.

Not sure in what world losing at home to a league one team in the FA cup is acceptable. Particularly as Sheffield were in the relegation zone at the time.

No one said it was acceptable - it was pointed out (regardless of the fact that it was losing to lower placed team over a couple of seasons) that shit like that happens - be it over one or two seasons. Arsenal may have been over 1 leg and Villa over two - but if Bent had put that chance in then who knows - but the game is all of if's and but's.

Why keep on beating lambert with that stick - have people run out of other things to beat him with?(there's probably plenty more that can be used) We've lost to lesser teams big whoopee doo! -already been there and got the tee-shirt way back from the 60's through to the present time.

I'm sure regardless of manager - shit will happen again - and probably over two seasons on the trot again - but I won;t go on about it just to beat the manager. Let's move (or not) if people are so inclined.

• Like 2

I am of the belief that Bradford's and Sheffield United's cup runs were freakish. It is also important to remember that both Yorkshire clubs got to the latter stages of the competition(s) and beat other top flight teams along the way. As Naz alluded to, this is not just a Villa/Lambert issue - it has happened to better teams in recent years.

This is not to mention the circumstances that surrounded the cup defeats. This will come across as accepting defeat to some posters, but we were the victims of freakish cup runs on both occasions. The cup defeats are not indicative of Lambert's ability, nor should they be used to justify dismissing PL. 

Furthermore, no Villa supporter accepts or enjoys being defeated by a lower league team but that is the nature and beauty of cup footy. I do not want to change this "giant killing" characteristic. But what I hope Villa do is overcome the challenge, like we did under Lambert against Rotherham/Ipswich/Swindon/Norwich/Manchester City. UTV.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I am of the belief that Bradford's and Sheffield United's cup runs were freakish. It is also important to remember that both Yorkshire clubs got to the latter stages of the competition(s) and beat other top flight teams along the way. As Naz alluded to, this is not just a Villa/Lambert issue, it has happened to better teams in recent years.

This is not to mention the circumstances that surrounded the cup defeats. This will come across as accepting defeat to some posters, but we were the victims of freakish cup runs on both occasions. The cup defeats are not indicative of Lambert's ability, nor should they be used to justify dismissing PL.

Furthermore, no Villa supporter accepts or enjoys being defeated by a lower league team but that is the nature and beauty of cup footy. I do not want to change this "giant killing" characteristic. But what I hope Villa do is overcome the challenge, like we did under Lambert against Rotherham/Ipswich/Swindon/Norwich/Manchester City. UTV.

Cup upsets are the nature of the game but I struggle to think of a premier league team who suffered 3 in 2 seasons ,2 of the 3 massive upsets at that.

For me that's just laziness. Not doing training.

No wonder phelan said he was basically manager the last couple years.

Laziness? Hahahahaha

You don't know a manager manages and the coaches coach?

Do you work in a professional enviroment at all?

Anything to have a dig at Lambert I suppose.

Edited by rodders0223

Bottom line is that our second season under Lambert was no better than our first under him.

The way I see it is, if we have`nt got 38 points by end of December we need a new manager. 

Bottom line is that our second season under Lambert was no better than our first under him.

The way I see it is, if we have`nt got 38 points by end of December we need a new manager. 

So you think we should be in the top four by the end of December?  Because thats where we'd be if we had 38 points by then.

• Like 1

Laziness? Hahahahaha

Let's not mention Culverhouse and Karsa, then. After all it would just be anything to have a dig at Lambert.....

... and is in no way related to how he "managed" things at our club.

Laziness? Hahahahaha

Let's not mention Culverhouse and Karsa, then. After all it would just be anything to have a dig at Lambert.....

... and is in no way related to how he "managed" things at our club.

If this exchange wasn't just the usual round of posters taking cheap shots at each other, there would be an interesting question worth exploring.

If Lambert doesn't take training at the club (and, according to some, few managers do that - they have coaches and themselves just "manage") what aspects of Villa's performance over the last two seasons is the manager responsible and accountable for? Style of play, fitness of players? motivation of squad? resilience when going behind in games?

If the pat answer is he's ultimately responsible for all of these things, how does he influence them if he doesn't get involved in things like training?

Â