Paul Lambert

limpid

Fantastic result and enjoyed it. He does manage to get something when it's just about to get bad.

Doesn't change my opinion of the awful job he's done so far. We needed that because we have a tough month to get through.

Today's result confirms my opinion that Lambert is doing a very good job so far.

My goodness some people are easily pleased. One win (not sure of stats) and Lamberts the man!!!

I have to agree.

A very good job? Wow.

Fantastic result and enjoyed it. He does manage to get something when it's just about to get bad.

Doesn't change my opinion of the awful job he's done so far. We needed that because we have a tough month to get through.

Today's result confirms my opinion that Lambert is doing a very good job so far.

I agree.

The team's reaction for the immediate 20 minutes after is pre-match team talk, coupled with their reaction after his half time talk clearly define the man as a managerial genius.

I agree.

The team's reaction for the immediate 20 minutes after is pre-match team talk, coupled with their reaction after his half time talk clearly define the man as a managerial genius.

You're right.  The manager deserves absolutely zero praise.  Might as well have me in charge.

Up until Benteke's goal we were, as per usual, dog shit. Granted, the following 20 minutes were some of our best all season and then the rest of the game was a good performance.

The problem is that we are don't see this sort of performance consistently, well, apart from a run of 5 last year. If we can carry this on, then great, maybe I'll start to see what people defend him for. Although, he can't be judged on the next few games if they go badly, we can't expect much anyway.

A very good result today though, the players played well and managed to pull back from a poor start.

The manager picked those players, so credit must also go to him!

Fingers crossed for a shock few points over the next few games, the quicker we get 3 more wins, the better.

Was delighted for him today, thought he played it tactically very well second half too as we could not afford even the remotest chance of allowing Norwich back in as those 3 points were just too vital.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

Up until Benteke's goal we were, as per usual, dog shit. Granted, the following 20 minutes were some of our best all season and then the rest of the game was a good performance.

It's the same problem at home, though.  It's all about confidence.  After 7 minutes, the crowd were booing.  How does this inspire players to come out and play well?  Benteke's moment of magic was huge because the crowd got onside and the players started to play. Exactly the same against West Brom.  Exactly the same problem we've had all season.

• Like 1

Just back from VP. That was a vital win today and will go a long way to keeping us up. I think that will once again be our big achievement this season though - staying up. Which isn't anywhere near good enough.

I said some time ago we have stood still this season and treaded water and that we will finish, give or take a couple of points, on the same points we did last season and that now looks more likely. Again though not good enough.

Anyway a rare home win today and I am going to have a couple of beers in celebration as they don't come around too often.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

We were rubbish until Benteke's goal today. We set up with the same old system and it was the same old performance. Credit to the players for actually realising they can go and do something, and we were fantastic for the 15 minute period after it. To be honest I don't think much of that was down to Lambert?

Pleased for him today.

Next two games at home, if we could just sneak another win out of those two then I think we'd put ourselves on too many points with too few games left for the other teams.

So disappointed with Lambert and the team in general this season, but if they can get over the line again then the onus will be back on the board to start turning things around.

• Like 2

Excellent win especially after the usual bad opening 10.

Now the big question is can we properly build on this and get an excellent 4 points from the difficult Stoke and Chelsea home games? After the way this season is gone I won't be holding my breath as our form usually declines after we actually win games.

We were rubbish until Benteke's goal today. We set up with the same old system and it was the same old performance. Credit to the players for actually realising they can go and do something, and we were fantastic for the 15 minute period after it. To be honest I don't think much of that was down to Lambert?

So was it Lambert's fault that we started rubbish but then the credit goes to the players and not Lambert for the result?

I'm happy to say well done to the team and the manager today, was a great win after Benteke's moment of brilliance. Do I still want Lambert to go, yes, after too many poor performances he will need a strong finish for my opinion to change.

2 more wins and we should be okay. With the City game moved, our upcoming run in doesn't look as formidable. 

Â