Paul Lambert

limpid

Yes, Lerner wants to see us relegated and lose tens of millions...

Not directly but ultimately his policies and decisions are what will take us there.

He doesn't even come here anymore, he barely feigns interest in the club. He wants to keep us ticking over until he can sell us, relegation would be disastrous but as I said before someone has to be accountable, things were bad before Lambert showed up, they just haven't got any better.

Plenty of managers out there to look at - Tuchel, Veh, AVB, Baup, Guidolin, Laudrup, Montanier, Favre, Streich, Gisdol, Luis Enrique, Aguirre, Girard, Gaultier, De Boer, Petkovic, Mandorlini off the top of my head.

Not all would be willing to come, but some surely would. Everything about the way we play is rotten atm. People always seem to frown on managerial changes but it's often beneficial in the long-run. I genuinely can't see any light at the end of the tunnel if Lambert signs an extension anyway.

Now Narwich are level on points with us and will come to VP believing that they can win as we have the poorest home record I have witnessed as a Villa fan in many a long year.

As we are Benovelent FC we will most likely help the country bumpkins in their fight to stay in the Premier League. So glad I am not going to the game.

I have turned from angry to ambivalent about this squad. Did not even care when Remy's shot went in. Thanks Lerner.

That's pretty much the position I'm in.

Me too. I cared more because it was newcastle who a lot of my mates support.

But replace them with any other team and I care very little. When you come to expect defeat and disappointment it really does numb your senses and response to it.

Well done those travelling fans again. Aston Villa, Lerner and Lambert don't deserve you.

I have turned from angry to ambivalent about this squad. Did not even care when Remy's shot went in. Thanks Lerner.

For me it was more a case of "I told you so". I watched it with my family and me and my brother were both saying we would concede in the last minute, it was THAT predictable.

As much as I detested Doug Ellis, he would not have put up with this crap.

It really baffles me when people say things like this. Bad things happening under Lerner doesn't suddenly erase all the bad Ellis did.

Anger at Lerner is perfectly justified. Historical revisionism re Ellis isn't.

Edited by Mantis

Stop **** forgetting that a lot of the manager names that is getting thrown about here would not come under such circumstances. I am starting to get fed up by this shite as well, I have been worried since the palace match since I felt that was a new low again this season, it did seem to start around the fulham match? I know we are inconsistent but it has really been poor for some time now. 

Maybe a new manager is the right answer but I still hope we continue along the lines Lambert took us,  we just need more first team players now to push on. We have to many weak links and that really needs to be addressed in the next window. Still not so sure about having Lambert sacked, I really wonder how we will go about if he got some quality players, but that`s just me. He would however not get such an easy ride next season, it`s time to move on up and fix the really poor home form we always have.

Frankly I am pretty pissed off, I thought we would have more points over the bottom but we are very much in it and have been for some time. I also want to say that he kind of have dropped the ball on some players, even I find the Helenius situation pretty dumb considering how weak we currently are in front of goal. I want to see more from the academy as well.!!!!!!!

Like McLeish, when a manager continues to praise the team when blatently they are awful, they know their time is nearly up. No one can defend the fact if we don't start winning games he wont get that new contract.

Its plain to see he has run out of idea's and I cant see where the next goal is gonna come from unless he can come up with a change of tactics!

From the OS:

Gaffer's verdict: Lambert - We didn't deserve to lose that

Lambert, you poor deluded fool. 

OF COURSE we deserved to lose it because our midfield and forwards were useless all day and you put a player at left back who isn't good enough for League 1 and he gifted Remy a clear scoring chance which Vlaar and Bacuna, doing their Chuckle Brothers act, left him to finish off.

It really baffles me when people say things like this. Bad things happening under Lerner doesn't suddenly erase all the bad Ellis did.

No revisionism there at all. As much as I detested Doug Ellis, he would not have put up with this crap.

• Like 2

From the OS:

Gaffer's verdict: Lambert - We didn't deserve to lose that

Lambert, you poor deluded fool. 

OF COURSE we deserved to lose it because our midfield and forwards were useless all day and you put a player at left back who isn't good enough for League 1 and he gifted Remy a clear scoring chance which Vlaar and Bacuna, doing their Chuckle Brothers act, left him to finish off.

I don't believe we deserved to lose it either. Am I a "poor deluded fool" as well? Both teams were very poor IMO.

No revisionism there at all. As much as I detested Doug Ellis, he would not have put up with this crap.

What exactly are you basing this on? We were relegated under him FFS not long after being Champions of Europe.

Â