Paul Lambert

limpid

The worst home form in the league and we're moaning at the fans?

Doesn't seem right somehow.

Wherever we are in the League, or whatever League we are in, doesn't alter the point.  The atmosphere after going behind against WBA in the Upper Holte was poisonous - and then on us scoring was very supportive.  That says an awful lot about the mentality of some fans. regardless of what you think about anything else.  Supporting your team means just that.  Or used to.

• Like 3

Yet another boring press conferance. Just compare his enthusiasm in press conferances with the likes of Martinez, Solskjaer etc.

maybe we should hire a standup comedian or Michael McIntyre his voice will lighten your mood

• Like 3

Boring press conferences.

Well, credit where it's due lads. You keep coming up with new sticks to beat the manager with.

I await the complaints about his choice of shoelace.

There's plenty of sticks of his own making without the need for you to come up with more.

That was my point

Yet another boring press conferance. Just compare his enthusiasm in press conferances with the likes of Martinez, Solskjaer etc.

maybe we should hire a standup comedian or Michael McIntyre his voice will lighten your mood

McIntyre's wages would be too high. Why not have Lambert just perform a Broadway number or a cheeky striptease?

• Like 1

Wherever we are in the League, or whatever League we are in, doesn't alter the point. The atmosphere after going behind against WBA in the Upper Holte was poisonous - and then on us scoring was very supportive. That says an awful lot about the mentality of some fans. regardless of what you think about anything else. Supporting your team means just that. Or used to.

It does alter the point though. If we hadn't had 4 horrendous years and hadn't had such awful home form then when going behind I doubt we'd get the same response.

Football is all about passion and emotion. Since when do thousands of football fans react to moments with clear thinking and long term plans? What sport have you been watching?

• Like 2

That is because Paul Lambert is a boring man.

Seriously not true

The fans have not been fantastic this year apart from when we actually score. Before that there's nothing from the fans for the players to bounce off. The second half of last season the fans were great throughout games so this helped. No ones saying it is the fans job to get the players up for it, but a little positivity and encouragement wouldn't go a miss.

• Like 3

With a couple of notable exceptions, the home fans have been served up rubbish this season and have responded accordingly. It's hard to get positive when your team rarely has the ball, can't keep it for long when they do get it, and rely on hoofing the thing aimlessly up the pitch hoping that will create an attack.

However, there are signs we have turned the corner now, the manager will apply better tactics that produce more attacking football and then you will see Villa Park rocking.

• Like 2

That is because Paul Lambert is a boring man.

Seriously not true

At press conferences Richard, sorry I should had clarified that - don't know him but I guess he's probably a nice and interesting sounding guy outside of it!!

The home fans have been outstanding at Villa Park this season and they've been rewarded with some of the worst football ever seen at home, yet some on here are criticising those very same fans for their lack of support and negative reaction when we go a goal down.

I've seen it all now.

Outstanding?? Seriously? I think you may be in the minority thinking that!

People saying the fans have been quite because of the football are obviously missing the fact that even before the game starts there's no real noise! I know winning a game and playing well will get the ground going but I believe that the Holte should lead regardless of what's on the pitch. If at the start of the game there was a cauldron of noise I think it'd give the players a lift early on which hopefully would carry them through the game.

• Like 2

I really wish the Villa fans with a sense of perspective could drown out the whingers in the Holte on match days.

Do you actually mean that you really wish the Villa fans who are prepared to pay good money and watch dross most weeks would be more vociferous than those who have had enough after nearly four seasons of crap being foisted upon them?

Like it or not football fans are fickle, at 2-0 down to Albion fans were understandably frustrated, however a minority by me were slating Lambert, however those same fans were singing his name after the game.

Its not so much being fickle, things change that change your mood. we react to what we see.( the game is fickle, we are just part of it).....There is no forward planning being a spectator, we don't just grin and when asked why we are grinning say " we are going to score in 5 minutes time".......   its a reactionary business for us.

i remember rubbishing Dave Simmons to my pals during a game next 10 minutes he scores 2 goals i just laughed at myself and said " what a great player" its all part of this magical game we all adore.

I have had opinions on things and 2 weeks later changed my mind...hey ho....there only opinions not set in tablets of stone.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Exactly, the moaning and the level of expectation is not the end product of a particular scoreline in a particular match it is a cumulative effect of nearly four seasons of playing boring football and not winning many games at home.

When people have been subjected to an inferior product over a sustained period of time is it any wonder that they are not full of the joys of spring and they have a sense of 'de ja vu' every time we go a goal down?

The fans are not to blame (as much as some on here seem to suggest) for the negative and insipid atmosphere at Villa Park it is the absent owner, a succession of inept managers, the low quality players used, the utterly boring style of football and a continuous supply of poor home results.

JACK-NAILS-2.gif

Â