Pre Match Thread

Kingman

Hate to be cynical but I agree. Can't see us winning.

Has an air of the 'easy games' last season like Fulham and Crystal Palace away.

Unlike Villa QPR have actually been scoring goals if not picking up points.

This is my worry too.

Also, a lot of fans see it as an easy victory - and I hope they are right. But like you said, people felt the same about Fulham away last year.

Hopefully senderos and vlaar play, put cole or grealish in for nzogbia

Hutton vlaar senderos cissokho

-cleverley Sanchez westwood

------------cole----------

--------gabby benteke---------

No Barton, krancjar or sandro for qpr, fer and Karl henry likely to start in midfield for them.

Think we'll win this by a large margin, just have a gut feeling.

We have zero ability to beat anyone by a large margin. We simply do not create enough chances. Loving the optimism but cannot see how you arrived at that.

He clearly said it was a gut feeling.

Yeah fair enough. 

What we really need is for Benteke to come back to top form, firing on all cylinders and inspiring the rest of the team to do better. If that happens, we will win and it will mark a change for the better in our season. The reality is that we play well when Benteke is on form and don't when he isn't. If he is firing, all of Lambert's dreary and negative tactics get blown away.

My team...

Guzan

Hutton - Senderos - Vlaar - Aly

Westy - Cleverley

Weimann      Cole            Gabby

Benteke

I think Gabby and Westwood need a kick up the arse so I'd drop both and play Sanchez and Richardson. I'd llike to see Jack play but can't see PL throwing 3 in. If Cole's not fit enough to start he shouldn't be in the bench so it's time for him to show what he can do.

I'm not especially confident. I think it's in the balance. But I think we're still a bit better than them. It's quite a simple formula:

v=((p[]*11)/11*max(p)*0.5)*c

where p[] is an array of player's overall ratings and c is overall team confidence.

the 0.5 is the conversion factor applied for the ability of the best player to drag the team up.

I make our $v to be a bit higher than QPR's.