5.0 Albert Singh

6.0 DisDaat

7.0 19seventy9

8.0 Marjory Reen

9.0 Ear

10.0 Cockblockers

after number 6 the list gets a bit fluid

No Alabama 3 in there, Crisp?

no offence cos I've never really listened to him but I saw james brown support red hot chilli peppers once, worst live act I've ever seen, by a distance, 15 minute rendition of living in America, he'd sing "living in America" followed by 4 minutes of his backing singers and band doing something, followed by another line, followed by another 4 minutes of his band, he did about 6 songs in an hour in which he probably sang about 10 lines

Also saw Mars Volta support them, they are probably the 2nd worst band I've ever seen

I'm assuming you saw James Brown when he was pushing 70...basically a totally different performer than his heyday. Same can be said of the Stones. Mick Jagger hasn't been able to sing for 30 years.

• Like 1

In no particular order and some only for one or two albums or sings that have influenced me in some way:

Van Morrison

Ray Charles

Lonnie Johnson

Credence Clearwater Revival

John Hiatt

Dire Straits

Charlie Daniels Band

John Lee Hooker

Cold Chisel

Weddings Parties Anything

1.0 Wanderers thru De'ath

2.0 The Zorr

3.0 Big Time Phyllis

4.0 Broad Enema

5.0 Albert Singh

6.0 DisDaat

7.0 19seventy9

8.0 Marjory Reen

9.0 Ear

10.0 Cockblockers

after number 6 the list gets a bit fluid

No Alabama 3 in there, Crisp?

nah, Alabama 3 are a real band (and the most excellent live band experience in the country), I made all those ones up.

I was particularly proud of number 4, which made me laugh at my own joke. Little things for little minds I think.

I honestly couldn't say that I've got 10 favourites. I don't really stick to one band/artist enough, with a couple of exceptions.

So my list is more like a list of the artists who released my favourite albums. But there you go. No doubt everyone will hate it regardless.

Michael Jackson

Nirvana

The Smiths

Kanye West

Oasis

Kings of Leon

Frank Ocean

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Eminem

Disclosure

I like Jacko. If you like KOL, give Young The Giant a go.

Only ones I dislike are RHCP.

See, like I said in my post I don't REALLY like RHCP.

It was just Californication that I listened to about 100 times. So it reminds me of being a teenager.

The rest of their stuff I don't particularly care for.

I was toying with putting Coldplay on the list too. Again, I don't particularly care for them. But Parachutes was excellent and is one of my favourite albums.

Boris

Capdown

Curl Up and Die

The Gerogerigegege

Graf Orlock

Mr Bungle

Propergol

Saetia

Shitmat

Sublime

Maybe something like this

Also, I look forward to seeing Polysics on djdabush's list :D well I hope.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

1. Dennis Wilson/Brian Wilson/Beach Boys

2. Lindsey Buckingham (particularly solo, also with Fleetwood Mac)

3. Neil Young

4. Pink Floyd

5. Slayer

6. Monster Magnet

7. Warren Zevon

8. Buckcherry

9. Fish

10. The Offspring

I honestly couldn't say that I've got 10 favourites. I don't really stick to one band/artist enough, with a couple of exceptions.

So my list is more like a list of the artists who released my favourite albums. But there you go. No doubt everyone will hate it regardless.

Michael Jackson

Nirvana

The Smiths

Kanye West

Oasis

Kings of Leon

Frank Ocean

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Eminem

Disclosure

It was just Californication that I listened to about 100 times. So it reminds me of being a teenager.

I was toying with putting Coldplay on the list too. Again, I don't particularly care for them. But Parachutes was excellent and is one of my favourite albums.

Yeah, I understand your reasoning. We had the RHCP down here last year. Did not like :(. I understand why people enjoy them though.

Agree with Parachutes, what on earth happened to Coldplay!?

No. 1 is NOFX, No. 2 is Blink 182. I don't really know who else I would put in my top ten. The Get Up Kids maybe.

I have seen NOFX more than any other band, something like 20 times, 5 years ago would have said my favourite band, still like them, but dropped out of my top 10.

Michael Jackson

Nirvana

The Smiths

Kanye West

Oasis

Kings of Leon

Frank Ocean

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Eminem

Disclosure

Yeah, I understand your reasoning. We had the RHCP down here last year. Did not like :(. I understand why people enjoy them though.

No idea. They were genuinely good when they first popped up.

I pretty much hate them now though. Their most recent single is awful. I know it's Chris Martin's "thing" that he has that flat ish sort of voice, especially on high notes. But this one is hilarious. It sounds like a bad audition from X Factor

Michael Jackson

Nirvana

The Smiths

Kanye West

Oasis

Kings of Leon

Frank Ocean

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Eminem

Disclosure

No idea. They were genuinely good when they first popped up.

I pretty much hate them now though. Their most recent single is awful. I know it's Chris Martin's "thing" that he has that flat ish sort of voice, especially on high notes. But this one is hilarious. It sounds like a bad audition from X Factor

I've never worked out how Coldplay even sold one record yet alone the millions they have ... not only is their music bland but so are the musicians

I'd imagine it's music suicide bombers have on their Walkman's to encourage them to go through with the act

• Like 1

*nsync

bette midler

5ive

boyz ii men

eiffel  65

girls aloud

ricky martin

taylor swift

one direction

swans

Rodders on page one outdoes your cack-list simply by including Justin Bieber-Bellend

I've never worked out how Coldplay even sold one record yet alone the millions they have ... not only is their music bland but so are the musicians

I'd imagine it's music suicide bombers have on their Walkman's to encourage them to go through with the act

I actually like a lot of Coldplay stuff, but jeezus, they have to be one of the safest bands around. They never ever try anything different , just the same old formulaic stadium anthem type shizzle designed to get squillions of fans waving their dayglo wristbanded arms in the air in time to the dullness, which is broken only by Chris Martin hopping around on one leg like a deranged Ian Anderson or an Indian on E, whilst the drummer puts more effort into bland drumming than anyone  I've ever seen and the other two look as bored as the audience should be.

Loved X&Y though, brilliant. 

Parachutes especially is a brilliant album.

Yes it is actually. It's very good indeed and had a nice introspective, melancholy feel to it.

But even on the second album, the anthemic, overblown cracks had started to appear and that was before Chris Martin completely disappeared up his own orifice never to be seen again.

• Like 1

I've never really got why bands get so much stick for making similar music throughout their career, if you want different music, listen to a different band or artist. They cater for their fans first and foremost. Obviously if they do go in a different direction with their music and do it well then it can be great, but I wouldn't knock someone for not doing it myself.

Â