Top 10 singers/artists/musicians/bands etc

Dodgyknees

I've never really got why bands get so much stick for making similar music throughout their career, if you want different music, listen to a different band or artist. They cater for their fans first and foremost. Obviously if they do go in a different direction with their music and do it well then it can be great, but I wouldn't knock someone for not doing it myself.

and nobody coped more stick for that than Big Country .. but The Crossing is nothing like Steeltown whoch is nothing like The Seer ..other than they have guitars and drums

Matey out of the manic street preachers had a good article on it the other week

I love the music press and I love music journalism, but sometimes the music press have to be called to account, and they should give the musical kudos and reparations to Big Country and Stuart Adamson, who's sadly not with us.
Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Parachutes especially is a brilliant album.

Yes it is actually. It's very good indeed and had a nice introspective, melancholy feel to it.

But even on the second album, the anthemic, overblown cracks had started to appear and that was before Chris Martin completely disappeared up his own orifice never to be seen again.

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

I liked X&Y and A Rush of Blood to the Head. But they didn't have that unquantifiable something that Parachutes had.

I could listen to Parachutes over and over again. It'd genuinely be a desert island disc for me.

Boris

Capdown

Curl Up and Die

The Gerogerigegege

Graf Orlock

Mr Bungle

Propergol

Saetia

Shitmat

Sublime

Maybe something like this

Also, I look forward to seeing Polysics on djdabush's list :D well I hope.

Are these real, or is it a spoof list? I genuinely don't know.

Incidentally, I see Miles Davis and Shostakovich have been listed. I would have both in a wider list, but I deliberately excluded jazz and classical to give myself a fighting chance of keeping it down to ten.

The Smiths

Nirvana

BRMC

Nick Cave

Joy Division

The Cooper Temple Clause

Pixies

Mark Lanegan

PJ Harvey

QOTSA

EDIT: Radiohead, Jeff Buckley and Oasis could probably fit in there somewhere....  I dunno, too hard to call!

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I

Neutral Milk Hotel

Natalie Merchant

I think I got stuck in the 90's.

In an aeroplane over the sea should be given to every child in school, its perfection. As for Natalie Merchant, as I am having a nostalgia day musically, in my tribe has got to go on.

• Like 1

No. 1 is NOFX, No. 2 is Blink 182. I don't really know who else I would put in my top ten. The Get Up Kids maybe.

I have seen NOFX more than any other band, something like 20 times, 5 years ago would have said my favourite band, still like them, but dropped out of my top 10.
That's cool. I've seen them twice, once at Reading and once at the old Carling Academy. I haven't been to a live gig for years, I'm bored of it (despite being in bands and playing in gigs for 10 years until my band split up a few months ago!)

Â