Top 10 singers/artists/musicians/bands etc

Dodgyknees

1. Dennis Wilson/Brian Wilson/Beach Boys

2. Lindsey Buckingham (particularly solo, also with Fleetwood Mac)

3. Neil Young

4. Pink Floyd

5. Slayer

6. Monster Magnet

7. Warren Zevon

8. Buckcherry

9. Fish

10. The Offspring

some surprises there rob.

• Like 1

Goodiepal

Henning Christiansen

Basil Kirchin

Raymond Scott

Tod Dockstader

Albert Ayler

Antipop Consortium

Xenakis

Sensational/Wordsound

Bernard Parmegiani

Maybe not my top ten in terms of what I listen to mostly, just a bunch of names who came to mind because they've recorded some of my all time favourite albums. Raymond Scott is there just because of his Manhatten Research and Soothing Sounds records. List doesn't really reflect the fact that I listen to loads of rap albums and chart songs.

Another 'are they real people?' list for me. With the exception of Albert Ayler, which gives me a shrewd idea of the sort of thing we're dealing with. :)
  • Like 1

I'm disappointed but not surprised by the lack of country musicians being listed

I considered a few, but they didn't make my ten.

John Stewart.

Micky Newbury.

Waylon Jennings.

Joe Ely.

Butch Hancock.

Guy Clark.

The Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash.

Terry Allen.

Nanci Griffith.

Radney Foster.

I'm disappointed but not surprised by the lack of country musicians being listed

I considered a few, but they didn't make my ten.

John Stewart.

Micky Newbury.

Waylon Jennings.

Joe Ely.

Butch Hancock.

Guy Clark.

The Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash.

Terry Allen.

Nanci Griffith.

Radney Foster.

and now I'm going to use this list to check stuff out

I'm on a country voyage at the moment - not popular in the office  - but I'm in charge so **** 'em.

Queens of the Stone Age

The Smiths

Joy Division

Kasabian (live, in particular)

Rammstein

Mettalica

Arctic Monkeys

Talking Heads

New Order

Kings of Leon (first 3 albums)

The bands that always seem to follow me around. There are others I seem to be stuck with no matter what, like clap your hands say yeah's self titled album, but I wouldn't consider their body of work to be large enough and of the required quality overall to put them in a list like this.

Much like films, it really depends on my mood.

Are the Arctic Monkeys in risk of being the most over rated band since the Libertines here on VT ?

Seems more that they've become popular to like, whether they're good or not is an afterthought for most.

Not necessarily for all you people. ;)

To be fair neither of them have been mentioned that much in people's lists. I prefer the Arctic Monkeys to the Libertines but they're both decent, especially for 21st century bands (nice to see a few mentions for BRMC). Maybe some sad statto could add up to see who the most popular bands are.

To be fair neither of them have been mentioned that much in people's lists. I prefer the Arctic Monkeys to the Libertines but they're both decent, especially for 21st century bands (nice to see a few mentions for BRMC). Maybe some sad statto could add up to see who the most popular bands are.

Levi has a name you know :P

was a big fan of bon scott era ac/dc and still am to a degree but i dont listen to them that often these days. aint got much time for them after bon, same with motley crue i was mad on them but dont listen to them that much now. shout at the devil and girls girls girls are two of my favourite albums.

Â