PES 15

villaajax

Read quite a few reviews and all point to a great game.  Much more methodical than FIfa and probably not as fun as old PES games but still a good game. As long as the option file is good then I will def get this. 

The review I read gave it an 8.  Which is the same as FIFA.

It's apparently more methodical and slow, they likened it to the PL and La Liga, with the PL being faster, more powerful (I.e. Fifa).

Man Utd are the only licensed PL team, Dortmund aren't even on the game and Reus is only in the German National team.  No German league either, just the German CL teams, minus Dortmund.

Then I've got the get over the whole, every team is going to look shit apart from the licensed teams and the beach ball physics and I'm thinking, I don't think I want it.

I've had a handful of games on the retail 360 version now. Certainly handles a lot better and the computer AI seems pretty good with each new game feeling unique. It's still early days but already had a few things happen that have left me a bit concerned namely a couple of ref decisions, couple of instances of questionable goalkeeper positioning and some collision detection stuff. Menus while looking a bit prettier still feel clunky which makes me feel master league would be a bit of a chore. No idea about commentary, who the **** wants to listen to Jon Champion and Jim Beglin anyway, that shit went right off.

Holding judgement for now until I've got mates round for some 2 player, see how it holds up, but on the whole its been satifying if not quite as remarkable as the reviews are making out.

Oh and it's personal preference but the menu music is **** awful!!! Luckily you can turn off tracks and also load your own off a usb if you wish.

I've really being enjoying it so far. The online works great and most games are different from the last. The one-two is the best way to get behind an opponents defence for online that I've found. I've been playing 2v2, MyClub and Champions League with a mate using Share Play and have had great fun with all of them.

the review i read said you need to play at least 15 mins per half and the AI in defence requires skill and patience, no running through, no lobbed through balls, no running down the byline and cutting it back for a tap in, you've got to move the ball around and drag them out of position

that sounds great but you need good shooting and crossing mechanisms to pull it off, i'll be giving it a go

when will the 1st option files be available?

It's a really, really good game. Whichever review said that it's better losing on this than winning on FIFA, they are spot on. It's more tactical and I've had a few games at 0-0 towards the end of a match, something you'd never see on FIFA. If you can forget all the licenses, you will love this purely for the gameplay. The single player modes are also better than FIFA's IMO.

Also, the community seems a lot better. Haven't come across anyone playing like a clearing in the woods yet and I even had one guy score an OG from kickoff because there was a bullshit penalty decision. :lol:

• Like 1

Â