darrenm

Damage control. Instead of having a go

Sensible IMO. The game is done and we don't know how bad the players are affected by the virus. No point in taking an absolute tonking. Think we just need to write this one off as a bad day at the office.

A virus affecting a few players is no excuse for professional players to concede three goals in just over 3 minutes.

Are you expected to be perfect at your job when you're ill?
The 'ill' ones aren't playing though are they!
Do you honestly think a contagious sickness won't be effecting any of the players out there? The most seriously ill might not be playing but I'm sure there are plenty on the pitch who are well below 100%
  • Like 1

A virus affecting a few players is no excuse for professional players to concede three goals in just over 3 minutes.

Because clearly they're the only ones who would be affected a virus in a close quarters training camp.

Villa sitting back on a 3-0 defeat.

Going goals down against a side like Arsenal means it's virtually impossible for us to come back, to win these games we have to take the lead. When the emphasise comes on us to attack a team that is so comfortable and with so much quality controlling possession, we just simply don't have anywhere near the quality to break it down. The game was simply over at 2-0.

Oh I agree. I think the 3 goals in 3 minutes is a disgrace. But I do think us not bothering to get back in the game is due to the current players on the pitch right now not being fully healthy.

Damage limitation imo.

Called it at HT, better to lose by the three than get torn to bits on the break and destroy the players confidence on the tiny chance we achieve a come back.

This is a great point virus or no virus the above should never happen

Unsurprising opinion.

Fair enough if they are ill, but why did the stomach bug only have an effect after Ozil scored?

Westwood pulled out minutes before kick off. Baker sent home on the day. Awful preparation going into any match.

That hardly answers the question.
When you're already feeling shite it's hard to pick yourself up when something goes against you. Up until the goal sheer will power and determination can get you through, but that can be knocked easily.

Do you honestly think a contagious sickness won't be effecting any of the players out there? The most seriously ill might not be playing but I'm sure there are plenty on the pitch who are well below 100%

I think you are just trying to find excuses. If Lambert put out players that are affected by a virus then that is disgusting.

• Like 1

Sanchez should've been off at HT, not Weimann. Cleverley should've been dropped back into a DM role with license to go forward, and we should've went for it, instead of trying not to lose by more than 3 goals. Shameful approach to the second half. Pissed off right now.