• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Voted Hutton for MOTM cause he just deserve it. Its not a minus that he kicked Sterling either. Here is a thought, maybe Baker has been a good defender all the time but he has just been exposed because our midfield has been shit for a few seasons. 

I don't think it is the midfield that makes the difference for Baker, it is the two powerhouses we have as fullbacks and not the little wimps that used to be there. Now Baker only has to deal with things in the middle and he is looking so much better for it. 

• Like 1

Voted Hutton for MOTM cause he just deserve it. Its not a minus that he kicked Sterling either. Here is a thought, maybe Baker has been a good defender all the time but he has just been exposed because our midfield has been shit for a few seasons. 

I don't think it is the midfield that makes the difference for Baker, it is the two powerhouses we have as fullbacks and not the little wimps that used to be there. Now Baker only has to deal with things in the middle and he is looking so much better for it. 

Agree to some extent that better players all around makes Bakers job easier but a strong midfield takes more pressure off the centre backs IMO.

To be fair these are the teams we need to be beating in order to seriously challenge for the title.

In all seriousness though, we must be the worst team in the league at keeping the ball having said that another outstanding defensive performance and we would have lost that last season... they spanked spurs 3 nil albeit with there best striker but we limited them to 1 shot on target I think. Brilliant stuff! 3 points is what I predicted for all 4 games so happy days.

I'm a bit worried we don't have the squad depth for the Champions League next season.

No problem...We've got Luna, Bennet,Tonev and Helenius to come back :)

I thought we shifted Luna for good?

So pleased. If we can play like that more often than not, we'll be ok!

It feels a bit different this season, not like they are flukey results, more like we deserve them.

I'd have probably taken 3 points from the 'run of 5 games' although I think we should be looking at 6 after today!

UTV

Yep, and also, we've not conceded late game tying or winning goals that have been our downfall the last 4 years. Big sign of progress, that.