• Poor
    • Very poor
  3. 3. Refereeing performance

• Very good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very poor

Great win but we took GRINDING out a victory to another level. Frist twenty minutes could have been 3 up. Second half we were fortunate that Liverpool were poor. Our defence was solid but our offence was appalling.

Will take that result any day of the season but still think our football hasn't improved much just our players are less prone to mistakes.

Suppose its better to play poor and take points than play well and take none

Utv

I've never been to Anfield, but does it feel like the atmosphere-lacking, soulless, industrial scrapheap of a stadium that it seems like on television?

Yup. I was there for the 3-1 win a few years ago, and the atmosphere was dreadful. The 'famous kop' barely made a peep.

Weimann and Gabby upfront is not the long term plan, and I think Grealish will be phased in over the next couple of months, as well as Cleverley playing in a more advanced position. I'm confident the goals will come. It'd be fantastic if Benteke and Kozak can form a good partnership. I think Weimann and Gabby should be used as late subs, to stretch tired defenses. 

I've never been to Anfield, but does it feel like the atmosphere-lacking, soulless, industrial scrapheap of a stadium that it seems like on television?

Yup. I was there for the 3-1 win a few years ago, and the atmosphere was dreadful. The 'famous kop' barely made a peep.

Just based on what I've seen on TV over the years, Goodison puts Anfield to shame. No contest. Always a good atmosphere at Goodison, it seems.

Just based on what I've seen on TV over the years, Goodison puts Anfield to shame. No contest. Always a good atmosphere at Goodison, it seems.

Goodison over Anfield, but neither are amazing. "Where's your famous atmosphere?" is the cry from most away fans at Anfield. 

Who the **** is Sunderos? 

That was annoying me but I think it's the French pronunciation. 

We live in Angleterre, not France, non?

It's Jonathan Pearce. Let's not confuse him.

• Like 1

On the Senderos trip: yes, he tripped him. Yes, it was a foul, and should have been a booking. But for the firework man to fall and roll over three times like that, and clutch his (undamaged) leg in pain, he'd have to be something like a giraffe travelling at the speed of an asteroid. A little exaggerated, I think.

• Like 1

On the Senderos trip: yes, he tripped him. Yes, it was a foul, and should have been a booking. But for the firework man to fall and roll over three times like that, and clutch his (undamaged) leg in pain, he'd have to be something like a giraffe travelling at the speed of an asteroid. A little exaggerated, I think.

This! Thought the same thing.

Anyway, just **** happy with our win today. A team effort and I found it hard to pick a MOtM but in the end I chose Richardson as I thought he fought very hard today. As the rest did, really. But yeah, I thought he was really good.

And WDFAFC! :D

• Like 1

no MOTM for me either, too many options and unfair on the others.

60Mill plus is nothing against TEAMWORK , which is what we got today, honorables for Cissokho,Senderos,Baker,Richardson,Hutton .. Andi and Fabian , Gabby all worked anonymously but hard, Cleverly seemed to fit in nicely, my only worry was the substitutions would rather have seen Grealish for Charles at that particular point in the game and Sanchez sub was not required ?

Anyway, permanent grin for a week or so at least.

Why all the calls for Kozak here ? not that I dislike him but not sure what provenance you all know about that I don't?  cant wait for Tekkers to come back though, those calling for Kozak to replace Gabby or Andi need to record a few matches and look at the work they do (Andi esp 100% every time)

We can win without Tekkers.

We can defend without Concrete

We are second in the league unbeaten (I know only 4 games :))

We are Villa

I am loving it :):):)

• Like 1

You know this is largely what happened when they played us at VP last season. Sturridge got an early goal for them and they pretty much invited us onto them for the rest of the match but we couldn't find a way through their defence. So don't let any scouse fans tell you it's a shit way to win.

• Like 4