Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

• 4 weeks later...

Best of luck. It's a relatively kind draw in that Hungary are far from being a daunting prospect. Given what's at stake, you'd take two legs against them to get there.

• Like 1

Cheers! Yeah, it's a team we really should beat. They still have Kiraly in goal, ffs. 

Best of luck to Ireland, too. I'll be watching on friday with my Bosnian-born wife, desperately trying to hide the fact the Ireland is one of my favourite countries in the world while Bosnia, well, isn't :)

Edited by Michelsen
  • Like 1

I'll be watching,  cheering you on. Too many Norwegian ties to the Villa down the years to be entirely impartial. Same with Ireland. I kinda like the idea of Ukraine actually winning a play off and ending up in Russia's group so I'll be rooting for them. As for Sweden well, I liked Mellberg, but then I liked Schmeichel too and we have Okore, but in all honesty I'll only really be cheering Denmark on because of how much I don't want to see or hear about Zlatan for the next 6 months.

EDIT: although I just realised that this permutation would mean Ukraine being in Pot 2 and therefore avoiding Russia.

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Like 1

1. France (hosts), Spain (holders), Germany, England, Portugal, Belgium.
  2. Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Bosnia? OR Ukraine? OR Czech Republic
  3. Poland, Romania, Ukraine? OR Czech Republic OR Sweden? OR Hungary? OR Slovakia OR Denmark? OR Turkey OR R.O.I?
  4. Iceland, Wales, Albania, Northern Ireland, Slovenia? OR Norway? OR R.O.I? OR Turkey OR Denmark? OR Slovakia

So If Bosnia beat Ireland they are in pot 2, If Bosnia lose and Ukraine win Ukraine are in pot 2. If Slovenia beat Ukraine AND Ireland beat Bosnia then Czech Republic will be in pot 2

If Sweden win they'll be in pot 3. Same for Hungary.

If Norway win they'll be in pot 4. Same for Slovenia. Both Norway and Slovenia would have to qualify alongside the R.O.I for Ireland to be in pot 3

From what I've read in Bosnian meeja about us and about them, we seem to be exactly the kind of side they don't like playing against.  Of course that goes out the window if Dzeko can do his thing.  They see us as "Wales without Bale and Ramsey".  They also see us as the toughest side they could have been drawn against, given the relative strengths and styles of the sides in that pot and how they match up to B&H.  I think our contest will be tighter than anything Rachel Riley can squeeze into and I wouldn't be surprised if it's decided by an aggregate score of 1-0.

The average age of that Hungary side must've been 36, Kiraly and Zoltan Gera both still regulars.

Whoever gets through will struggle to get a point in the Euros.

Hungary looked a poor side but the cbs did play well. Norway played some great football until they got to their opponents area when their decision making was awful. Should really have won the game by 4 or 5 goals. A little unlucky when the ball hit the crossbar but easier to score than miss. Need to be more clinical if they are going to turn the tie around.

Â