Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

Away fixture against Hungary for Norway today, in the playoffs. Lost our home fixture 0-1. Ødegård starts the game, will be interesting to see how he copes with the pressure. Norway hasn't been this close to qualifying for long time.

Edited by Skruff

F***ing a***! Hungary are rubbish. I mean, just awful. But our manager thinks he's some kind of visionary philosopher and makes a complete and utter mess of his selections. Martin Ødegård is a great talent but he is nowhere near ready at this level. Not even close. As a fan, I feal cheated. 

I hope not! The Bosnian in-laws will be smug about it for a year and a half. 

I'm so angry about tonight and thursday I think I may have developed Tourette's syndrome. F***!

At least Norway are finally putting some young players in their team...the Scandinavian nations seem allergic to that for some reason. I was half expecting you to call up Riise, Hangeland and Carew for these play offs.

Norway bit like Scotland, punched above their weight in the 90s qualifying for lots of tournaments but with the Baltics and Yugoslavia breaking up more nations makes it difficult for either to quality now, even with this format. 

Boy, I'd give a moderately significant body part to have John Carew in his prime playing up front for these two games. 

You're right, it's good to give the youngsters a go. We also kind of have to, because the generation of players that should ideally have been the spine of our team has turned out to be sh*t. But starting a 16 year old who has failed to impress at Real Castilla (Spanish 3rd tier) really is a joke. Particularly because it is massively unfair on the player in question to expect him to carry the hopes of a nation on his shoulder. It is almost a sackable offence. 

On 11/12/2015, 4:08:01, VILLAMARV said:
  1. France (hosts), Spain (holders), Germany, England, Portugal, Belgium.
  2. Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Bosnia? OR Ukraine? OR Czech Republic
  3. Poland, Romania, Ukraine? OR Czech Republic OR Sweden? OR Hungary? OR Slovakia OR Denmark? OR Turkey OR R.O.I?
  4. Iceland, Wales, Albania, Northern Ireland, Slovenia? OR Norway? OR R.O.I? OR Turkey OR Denmark? OR Slovakia

So If Bosnia beat Ireland they are in pot 2, If Bosnia lose and Ukraine win Ukraine are in pot 2. If Slovenia beat Ukraine AND Ireland beat Bosnia then Czech Republic will be in pot 2

If Sweden win they'll be in pot 3. Same for Hungary.

If Norway win they'll be in pot 4. Same for Slovenia. Both Norway and Slovenia would have to qualify alongside the R.O.I for Ireland to be in pot 3

I got Hungary and Slovakia the wrong way round last time. Hungary's win means Slovakia are in pot 3.

1. France (hosts), Spain (holders), Germany, England, Portugal, Belgium.
  2. Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Bosnia? OR Ukraine? OR Czech Republic
  3. Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Ukraine? OR Czech Republic OR Sweden? OR Hungary OR Denmark? OR Turkey
  4. Iceland, Wales, Albania, Northern Ireland, Slovenia? OR R.O.I? OR Turkey OR Denmark? OR Hungary

So If Bosnia beat Ireland they are in pot 2, If Bosnia lose and Ukraine win Ukraine are in pot 2. If Slovenia beat Ukraine AND Ireland beat Bosnia then Czech Republic will be in pot 2

If Sweden win they'll be in pot 3.

If Slovenia or the R.O.I. win they will go into pot 4.

Go on Oyland! Would be brilliant to have England, Wales, NI and ROI there next summer. 

Doesn't change the tie that much from Serbia POV, they still HAVE to score

You're right it changes nothing for Serbia really.

• Like 3

Â