Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

Glad to see Northern Ireland salvaging a point. A loss would have been a shattering result at this stage in proceedings. Now 4 clear with 2 to play. Surely they can wrap it up.

Delighted that NI managed to claw that one back from the brink...

Huge game against the Germans for us now. Given the Poles massive GD it looks like we're gonna need to beat both them and the Germans unless the Scots do us a massive favor. A bit karmic if we don't making as we're largely responsible for the expansion (and ruining) to 24 teams of the euros.

Edited by villakram
crappy formatting

Biggest game for us is Scotland Poland. If the Poles win then we're in the playoffs. And that assumes we lose both of ours which isn't a guarantee either.

Biggest game for us is Scotland Poland. If the Poles win then we're in the playoffs. And that assumes we lose both of ours which isn't a guarantee either.

i said earlier a draw is a nightmare result because we could go Poland and be brave and try to win and go automatically through or go defensive and play for the draw

Sorry Martin McGuiness just stole my password for a second....

I meant they have the smallest pool of players of all the home nations plus the Republic (look at their sub bench tonight, full of league 1 and 2 players) so to me a bit of justice if they make it to the euros ahead of R.O.I who nick their young players.

Mind you the child snatching off other nations dosen't always work....case example the one and only Aiden McGeady. 

You looking for an argument brah?

Not particularly no.

TBF my argument goes up in smoke as had a look and the two main players from the North who ROI got are Darron Gibson and James flipping McClean so in hindsight I'll go easy as you've got the worst of the deal there along with McGeady.

They don't nick their young players, those players choose to play for the Republic. And Northern Ireland have had plenty of players over the years who qualified to play for them because of the grandparent rule. People who throw stones, etc...

Not particularly no.

TBF my argument goes up in smoke as had a look and the two main players from the North who ROI got are Darron Gibson and James flipping McClean so in hindsight I'll go easy as you've got the worst of the deal there along with McGeady.

It's ok, we all have our pet peeves about how international football operates. For me it's allowing little fake countries into the qualifying groups :P   

Hungary are a nothing International team...really don't want to see them at the euros.

Poor group in fairness, Romania are no great shakes either but just think Norn Iron deserve it for their long tournament drought and the South nicking loads of their young players....

I know football is very much about the here and now (unless we are discussing Chelsea when suddenly it becomes a conversation about history) but I'd quite like to see Hungary back in a big competition just because of the Magnificent Magyars, who are widely regarded as the best team by a country mile who never won a world cup.  

• Like 1

Norn Ireland pull it out the bag in the 3rd minute of 5 added minutes to level at one each, incredible after Chris Baird got himself sent off for 2 bone headed challenges in a minute!

i've always wondered if something like that was possible or if the ref would bottle it, good to see, both "tackles" were ridiculous 

Vintage Kiraly. The tracksuit wearing **** tramp.

Kiraly won his 97th cap tonight. Hungary's most-capped player is one of the 1950's generation who bestrode world football, at least for a while. He got 101 caps, so very soon Gabor Kiraly is going to become Hungary's most-capped player. Remarkable. 

Most impressive this round to me were two nations from the North. Both Norway and Iceland seem pretty bang on in really tough groups. Norway properly pummeled Croatia at home and should have won 4-0. Johanssen will be in the PL soon and so should Berget (again, got no fair chance at Cardiff). Got one tough game left away to Italy, but if they play like against Croatia they'll have a fair chance. Iceland on the other hand are flying, I've never seen such a small nation work so well together and get qualified so early. Wonderful.

Â