Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

am i the only one whos found these euros to be quite boring? Only real excitement were past 2 days games

im not usually a fan of international football though i suppose

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I've found it pretty good as a whole but haven't watched every game because then it would get boring. 

Its been really good I think, apart from the Russian, English, and French supporters dampening the tournament with their violence.

Hopefully England doesn't ruin it for Iceland with their fans being hooligans.

Not enough goals for me.

I know lots of goals don't always make great games but just think how good Hungary-Portugal was yesterday....three times Portugal were going out and three times they fought back, I love games that swing back and forth like that.

Bit hard to get emotionally involved in a game when both teams are playing out a tepid 0-0 and one then decides to score in last 5 minutes like 90% of the games seem to have been.

Ultimately though if there's some brilliant knock out games between big nations it will be remembered as a great tournament.

Most recent tournaments seem to have had a flood of goals in group stages and then it gets very defensive and negative once the knock outs start, see last couple of world cups.

Maybe this one will be the opposite?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't really want to put Bale. I don't think he's been that great. But you can't argue with 3 goals and I can't think of any other strikers who have really stood out so far.

I like the Hungarian guy Szalai, he does a solid job for the team and holds the ball up and makes things happen

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not enough goals for me.

I know lots of goals don't always make great games but just think how good Hungary-Portugal was yesterday....three times Portugal were going out and three times they fought back, I love games that swing back and forth like that.

Bit hard to get emotionally involved in a game when both teams are playing out a tepid 0-0 and one then decides to score in last 5 minutes like 90% of the games seem to have been.

Ultimately though if there's some brilliant knock out games between big nations it will be remembered as a great tournament.

Most recent tournaments seem to have had a flood of goals in group stages and then it gets very defensive and negative once the knock outs start, see last couple of world cups.

Maybe this one will be the opposite?

Is it not just the sign of the times? Even the 'poor' teams are good athletes, physically very fit and very well organised from a defensive perspective, and thus hard to break down. The key difference between them and the good teams is the difference in quality going forward. 

Whilst the world cup still has a glut of shite teams from none European continents, the Euro team are just that much more of a tough defensive nut to crack.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

I like the Hungarian guy Szalai, he does a solid job for the team and holds the ball up and makes things happen

He is absolutely dire:crylaugh:

He is like a slightly less stable, less agile version of Heskey at times.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm not sure he has been dominant but he has been utterly ruthless with the chances he has had. 

His 2 free kick goals were bordering on the criminal investigation level. Both goalkeepers seemed to do everything possible to let them in. 

• Like 4

i agree with useless and genie

dont think that its some sort of knock him cos i can thing im very much on the bale band wagon its just IMO what hes done so far isnt in the world class or best player bracket he's been about average and still scored 3 goals, id love it if he did something like he did vs barca in the cup final but at the moment he hasnt, he's fluked in a couple of free kicks

Â