Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

Albania fans were awesome, more of them and louder than the NI fans...

romania fans were shite, you could see the 2 sets of ultras, spent most of the game singing different songs to everyone else meaning they never really got an atmosphere going, they were pretty much what I think brigada do at VP 

1 hour ago, heffoman said:

Pro evo has lied to me about how good Embolo is.

I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Aye it's clear he has talent but he looks like a raw version of Lukaku if that's possible.

And just think a year ago plenty of people on here wanted us to sign him presuming he'd take to the premier league like Benteke did. A year on and he still looks a way off that.

Bit like that Oulare guy who Watford signed and has not been heard of again.

On 6/18/2016 at 21:51, kurtsimonw said:

Austria the worst side in the tournament so far. How bad are the teams in the group they qualified from!? 

I watched them in qualifying and had them as dark horses :crylaugh:. the 3 teams that got through from that group have been woeful so far so probably says a lot of the quality of that group

I think in your defence, Austria were a dark horse.  But the nature of dark horses is that they can badly flatter to deceive.  Which is why they were off the radar to start with.  I remember having Serbia as a dark horse in a previous tournament when their stars were in their prime and they bombed badly aswell.  This Austria side have plenty of talent.  They just haven't done it yet.  Who knows.  Maybe there was even a weight of expectation on them from back home that they're not used to.  Austria are not used to being favourites or anything close to that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think in your defence, Austria were a dark horse.  But the nature of dark horses is that they can badly flatter to deceive.  Which is why they were off the radar to start with.  I remember having Serbia as a dark horse in a previous tournament when their stars were in their prime and they bombed badly aswell.  This Austria side have plenty of talent.  They just haven't done it yet.  Who knows.  Maybe there was even a weight of expectation on them from back home that they're not used to.  Austria are not used to being favourites or anything close to that.

im more pissed i had Arnatuovic has top scorer, dont think he has even took a shot yet :P

I also agree that Croatia are a level above 'dark horse'.  I'd have them just below the elite.  Well capable of beating anyone on their day.  Best of the rest and good enough to win it outright if everything fell into place for them.  Although I can't see past the usual suspects at the moment.

I'll be honest.  I just find Poland to be incredibly dull with one star player.  I don't have them anywhere near the quality of Croatia for example.  When your star is a striker then yes on your day you'll play spoiler, but over the course of a competition I don't think they have the players to be able to rely on them from one round to the next.

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

This Austria side have plenty of talent.  They just haven't done it yet.  Who knows.  Maybe there was even a weight of expectation on them from back home that they're not used to.  Austria are not used to being favourites or anything close to that.

Do they have talent? I've not seen anything to suggest they aren't one of the poorest teams there. I'm not seeing the talent there. 

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Austria seemed to be everybody's dark horses. They've been utter shite.

Most disappointing team with the most disappointing player in Alaba.

Ronaldo, Muller, Lewandowski and many others have been disappointing, but been involved in a large amount of their teams good play. Alaba has been completely invisible for someone labelled "God".

Just now, Xela said:

Do they have talent? I've not seen anything to suggest they aren't one of the poorest teams there. I'm not seeing the talent there. 

They have players playing at a very high level for their clubs.  Plenty of them; in fact most of them; play in the Bundesliga and then you have the likes of Alaba who is a star for Bayern and Arnautovic playing beneath himself at Stoke.  Fuchs just won the Premier League.  This is the best Austrian side in my lifetime and on paper they were plenty capable of doing far more than they have done.

Â