Tom Cleverley

Bunnski

Spending 8 million on squad depth?

Nah.

He improves the first team and someone else gets pushed to squad depth, imo.

Nah. Respect your opinion though.

Edited by StefanAVFC

We needed a CB and we needed a LB.

I'm not happy with the signing because we don't need him.

How do we need a CB when we already have 5?? Plus we have 2 LB's already not to mention enda stevens.

You wanted to see Baker and Clark again? And you wanted to see Stevens starting in the league?

As much as I think he would be a decent signing, we really should've spent this on Sigurdsson or Holtby. Baffling that we haven't.

As I said in the speculation thread, something has probably changed behind the scenes because when Swansea signed Sigurdsson we looked like weren't going to spend anything at all.

-------------------Benteke---------------------

--------------------Cleveley---------------------

Delph--------------------------Grealish--------

----------------Sanchez-------------------------

Could that work?

If he signs like Senderos and Cissokho etc I will support him when he has the shirt on.

However my concerns still remain that the money could be better spent elsewhere.

Yep, I think most would like a tricky winger, somebody like Young when he first signed.

As much as I think he would be a decent signing, we really should've spent this on Sigurdsson or Holtby. Baffling that we haven't.

Disagree with Holtby because I'm really not convinced he's all that.

Sigurdsson however is a big miss. Though he signed for Swansea when Lerner was dithering about trying to sell the club and he obviously wasn't willing to shell out on him.

• Like 3

We are signing an england international, who hasnt even reached the peak of his career and was picked regularly for Man Utd by the ATG premiership manager for £8 million!! Roughly the same price as james mcarthur from wigan, and david livermore. Sounds like a good player to me.

As much as I like westwood, cleverley is obviously a better playet and if roberto martinez, who has an eye for a good player, has always been a fan then its good enough for me. Still would have like an AM and a winger or 2 to take the place of the woeful gabby and weimann but still a good piece of business of it goes through.

• Like 1

Seems like 2 million is the new 1 million so basically players values' are double what they're really worth at the moment. Even DI Maria isn't worth anywhere near sixty million, in my opinion. Swansea got an excellent deal with Sigurðsson.

• Like 1

How do we need a CB when we already have 5?? Plus we have 2 LB's already not to mention enda stevens.

You wanted to see Baker and Clark again? And you wanted to see Stevens starting in the league?
No but we have vlaar, senderos and okore above those two. They are good enough as 4th and 5th choice CB's. Did I say I wanted stevens to start? No, but he is okay for 3rd choice even if the chances of him getting a game above Cissokho and Richardson are slim to none. Edited by donnie

Seems like 2 million is the new 1 million so basically players values' are double what they're really worth at the moment. Even DI Maria isn't worth anywhere near sixty million, in my opinion. Swansea got an excellent deal with Sigurðsson.

The effort! Respect  :thumb: 

• Like 1

No but we have vlaar, senderos and okore above those two. They are good enough as 4th and 5th choice CB's. Did I say I wanted stevens to start? No, but he is okay for 3rd choice even if the chances of him getting a game above Cissokho and Richardson are slim to none.

Eh?

Please read my original post again and revise past and present participles.

bdm3b.gif

• Like 4

Â