Something in the air

Dodgyknees

Good results from the next two matches is vital, because after that we have:

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Manchester City

Everton

Pretty gruesome looking list of fixtures, we'll do well to get 3 points out of those.

Edited by maqroll

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Manchester City

Everton

Pretty gruesome looking list of fixtures, we'll do well to get 3 points out of those.

Bring them bastards on!  :)

• Like 2

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Manchester City

Everton

All i see is Win, Win, Win, Win, Win.. Optimism central right here lol.. 

• Like 1

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Manchester City

Everton

Bring them bastards on!  :)

Nothing will get passed the "Rock"

Financially we feel in the shite but, I don't feel gloomy about the club right now. I know the summer signings aren't everyone's cup of tea but for me they'll do just fine. They're more experienced and have played at a high level too. That in itself gives me more reason to be cheerful.

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Manchester City

Everton

But these are the games we usually turn up for. Its the lesser Premier mortals we struggle to get results against.

When was the last time we started a season with 2 wins?

Put it this way, I was going through our seasons on Wikipedia and got as far back as 2002/3 and couldn't be arsed to go any further. Not even sure I saw 4 points from opening two, let alone six!

When was the last time we started a season with 2 wins?

Put it this way, I was going through our seasons on Wikipedia and got as far back as 2002/3 and couldn't be arsed to go any further. Not even sure I saw 4 points from opening two, let alone six!

If only you'd stayed with it for a few more key strokes! 1999/2000. Newcastle A 1-0 followed by Everton H 3-0.

We finished 6th & got to the FA Cup final.

Then a lot of players left, usually to go to Middlesbrough.

It's because we won a game and did it well. It's the same buzz after we beat Arsenal last season. A few defeats and it will soon change I'm afraid.

But last year against arsenal we didn't outplay them like we did stoke. Plus the experience in this side and Roy Keane will help us stay focused and not be so inconsistent. Instead of signing crap players from who are unproven we have signed players who have showed they are capable to perform. I may be wrong but I am very optimistic for this season.

• Like 1

Not to burst anyone's bubble but we didn't exactly outplay Stoke last week either. We were better defensively, you could argue but that was about it.

The way I would put it would be we were fully in control vs Stoke. Which is nice, because we've only been in control of about 5 or 6 games in the last 2 years.

• Like 3

Let's try and get 6 points from the next two games and we can go into that run of matches knowing that any points picked up are a bonus.

I'm still not getting ahead of myself. We still have a poor squad of players and avoiding relegation should be the goal for this season.

Not to burst anyone's bubble but we didn't exactly outplay Stoke last week either. We were better defensively, you could argue but that was about it.

That is about right, and Stoke were uncharacteristically slack in defence - in their heads maybe not quite back from their hols yet, I thought.

But I don't think we should be blasé about this!

Think what it might mean...

We can defend! We have defenders who seem to know what they are doing! We don't have to close our eyes and turn away whenever our left back position is attacked! (Or right back for that matter!)

If we have moved away from the shocking incompetence of last season, I'm keeping my bubble inflated for a bit longer!

• Like 2

Â