Something in the air

Dodgyknees

I'm more optimistic about Villa in the long run now, but for tomorrows game, not so much. Apparently 15 years ago since we started with two wins in our two opening games. But I think the whole club breathes a little more positive air right now, which might affect the players in a good way. I'm way more optimistic now than I was two to three months ago, that's for sure.

It's a bit early for too much positivity.  As many have said we had a decent start last season.  Even in some of the games we eventually lost early doors we were unlucky.

That said, I felt that last weekend Stoke were never going to score, even when bringing on the big man and trying to long ball it into the back of the net.  Not felt like that for quite some time.

It will be interesting how we play at home against a decent Newcastle side.  We still need to create more clear cut chances for our strikers though. 

I think we have for arguably the best defender from the wc in our side, new CEO from a huge arsenal makes us think we have someone great, 3 points on sat when nobody expected it, Sanchez when everyone doubted it.... It's because out expectations are so low now when the above happens some are over the moon!

Also of tekkers can start scoring when he is back we should be ok!

Good results from the next two matches is vital, because after that we have:

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Manchester City

Everton

Pretty gruesome looking list of fixtures, we'll do well to get 3 points out of those.

15 points........at least.

It's a bit early for too much positivity.  As many have said we had a decent start last season.  Even in some of the games we eventually lost early doors we were unlucky.

That said, I felt that last weekend Stoke were never going to score, even when bringing on the big man and trying to long ball it into the back of the net.  Not felt like that for quite some time.

It will be interesting how we play at home against a decent Newcastle side.  We still need to create more clear cut chances for our strikers though. 

Nah, it's a bit too early for negativity. We'll never get anywhere if we start every season with doom and gloom, so **** Newcastle, **** Liverpool, **** Arsenal, **** Chelsea, **** Manchester City and **** Everton. We can beat them all.

Good results from the next two matches is vital, because after that we have:

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Manchester City

Everton

Pretty gruesome looking list of fixtures, we'll do well to get 3 points out of those.

15 points........at least.

Everyone always says this BS though.

"Tough run of fixtures there.Be lucky to pick up 2 points there"

As for those teams mentioned :

Like when we went to Arsenal and run them ragged, when to Liverpool and played them off the park twice.

When Citeh and Chelseacame to town and we smashed and grabbed them and grabbed them, and when we completely obliterated Manchester United and Everton for 45 minutes.

Makes no difference to me what way the fixtures come out, everyone has got to play each other twice and we have shown, perhaps more than anyone, that we can give the best teams in the league a run for their money.

I think the game tomorrow is so,so important, because of the capability of it being a watershed game ....it could be the very turning point of us getting back that hard edge at villa park that we once had.....if we are to,progress we must be harder to beat at home.

Let's make no mistake we can beat anyone, but we have been more likely to lose, when a bit of expectation has been steeped up on us or we have faced perceived inferior opposition.

It will be interesting to see if last week was a one off or a wind of change.....let's hope the keane factor can change us.

Edited by TRO

The Newcastle and Hull games already feel like 'must win' games to me, just because of the run of fixtures we have after. Of course we're probably more than likely to grab some points from the tough run, just be nice to be able to be a bit more relaxed about it. I'm already at the stage where I'm looking out for the results of other clubs who could be near the bottom.

This run of fixtures don't bother me.....from previous experience it's the ones we are expected to win ...we don't.

That's the bit that needs to change the most.

• Like 1

This run of fixtures don't bother me.....from previous experience it's the ones we are expected to win ...we don't.

Do you think that's because we we can park the bus against the good teams and always play like the away team hitting on the break. Against the weaker teams at home we give it a go and get exposed.

Do you think that's because we we can park the bus against the good teams and always play like the away team hitting on the break. Against the weaker teams at home we give it a go and get exposed.

More or less....yes

I think with a better back four and a defensive midfield guv'nor...I am hoping for a change at home .....away from the smash and grab style that is more suited to away fixtures

I'm hoping we win 3-5 of that tough run and then smash QPR and there can be a little feature on MOTD at the end of that game (which will be shown first) about whether we should be considered title contenders.

I fully expect this question to be asked by Gary Lineker and he'll direct it at Robbie Savage, instead of answering he'll just laugh and say something annoying like "I can't see them top 6 by January" and they'll move on to the next match

Benteke to be top goalscorer in the league this season too. Balotelli and him to square off I reckon when we face Liverpool

To all those who will be at VP this weekend - keep the chants going loud and strong.

To those staying at home - keep the faith and will it to happen.

Our luck has to change at some point. We've never been out of the Premier League - keep that in your hearts and keep the passion alive. Stats don't mean anything because that's all in the past. Look to the future!

Well said

Even if we lose today, I will still feel positive.

For me it will depend on the performance. If it looks just like last year it will drain a lot of positivity from me.

Even though I sometimes think you can be too negative I have to say that this is exactly how I feel about today's game. If we lose but play well I can still feel that we might do better this season, but if we play like most part of last season I'll be really worried. And I fear for our attendances in the future if that happens.

Â