Something in the air

Dodgyknees

If we're going to get depressed after losing one game, what's the point?

No ones depressed about losing just one game. Anyone depressed about last nights game feels this way because of the combination of two poor years and very poor cup performances against lower league teams.

• Like 1

No ones depressed about losing just one game. Anyone depressed about last nights game feels this way because of the combination of two poor years and very poor cup performances against lower league teams.

Yes I understand but we were going to lose at some stage, let's look forward to Hull now, we need three points.

Yes I understand but we were going to lose at some stage, let's look forward to Hull now, we need three points.

Yeah we were, but we should not be against lower league opposition, again.

reminds me of that time with McLeish when we were unbeaten for about 6 league games and lost a cup game to Bolton and this page was in uproar

reminds me of that time with McLeish when we were unbeaten for about 6 league games and lost a cup game to Bolton and this page was in uproar

Unbeaten in 6 games? Is that you Mcleish?

We scrapped draws against Wolves, Fulham, Newcastle and Everton in some of the most negative garbage football I have ever seen.

We scrapped draws against Wolves, Fulham, Newcastle and Everton in some of the most negative garbage football I have ever seen.

we also comfortably beat Wigan and Blackburn ;)

we also comfortably beat Wigan and Blackburn ;)

Heskey's finest hour.

• Like 1

Shall we rename this thread to "relegation?" Cause that's what we have to face pretty soon

We lost 1 game to Lower league opposition, we're going down! 

Overreaction at its finest - only on VillaTalk ;) 

• Like 2

Can you tell us then what is the appropriate reaction to going out early in a domestic cup to mediocre lower league opposition, stretching the failures of the last two seasons into this one?

I've missed the positives here, please do share.  

Can you tell us then what is the appropriate reaction to going out early in a domestic cup to mediocre lower league opposition, stretching the failures of the last two seasons into this one?

There's no positive to take from it but saying we're "going down" because of 1 cup game is, indeed, indicative of an overreaction.

There's no positive to take from it but saying we're "going down" because of 1 cup game is, indeed, indicative of an overreaction.

I didn't say were going down and i dont think we will. I think it will be the same as the last couple of seasons. 3 teams will end up being worse.

But if Lambert is going to insist on his his Counter attacking only tactic, we're in for another long season.

Â