Malky Mackay and Iain Moody

samjp26

Nile Ranger, Joey Barton, Marlon King, and the bloke whose name escapes me who killed that guy in the hit and run all returned to the game after custodial sentences.

Mackay will be back at a Football League club inside of 2 years.

Obviously his comments are totally inappropriate but you can't pretend that Mackay has got a little unlucky here given that I would imagine those same jokes/attitidues are rife in dressing rooms across the 92 league clubs.

wont it be different that he is the manager/leader compared to just another player. Also could you imagine many Asian or black players wanting to work for him

No. It won't matter at all.

The Chelsea captain called another player a "black word removed" and the black players at chelsea didnt object in any way shape or form. Liverpool's black players seemed OK with Suarez after his ban.

He'll be back. He's already proved he's too good not to be and his attitude is no different to your average UKIP MEP or voter. He'll be fine once the fuss has calmed down.

• Like 1

Nile Ranger, Joey Barton, Marlon King, and the bloke whose name escapes me who killed that guy in the hit and run all returned to the game after custodial sentences.

Mackay will be back at a Football League club inside of 2 years.

Obviously his comments are totally inappropriate but you can't pretend that Mackay has got a little unlucky here given that I would imagine those same jokes/attitidues are rife in dressing rooms across the 92 league clubs.

wont it be different that he is the manager/leader compared to just another player. Also could you imagine many Asian or black players wanting to work for him

As an Asian I'd happily work for him. I'd give him some racist abuse mind but as long we understand each other I reckon we'd get on great.

Agreed. Most clubs aren't going to care if they think he's the man to take them forward. With Palace it was a bit different as it had just came out. The first job he gets, it'll probably get bought up again, but after that it'll disappear IMO.

Agreed. Most clubs aren't going to care if they think he's the man to take them forward. With Palace it was a bit different as it had just came out. The first job he gets, it'll probably get bought up again, but after that it'll disappear IMO.

Few clubs will want the media shit storm that would follow, especially after seeing it first hand at Sunderland with Di Canio.

I think he will get a job but its going to take a pretty long time.

Hoddle and Atkinson were able to recover their reputations but it took them a very long time to do it.

George Graham was the big one surely...proven of taking bungs and pretty sure Leeds appointed him as soon as his ban was up.

Bungs are one thing. They're nowhere near as emotive as racism, homophobia, sexism etc. Mackay has shot his load here. It's over.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Yep. Talented shitbags are still talented.... and lets face it, with the Ched Evans stuff this is the perfect time for Malky to come back to employment. 

Depressing but not surprising.... well surprising that its taken less than 12 weeks. 

Disgrace. In his attitudes, if not his actions, he is far worse than Evans. Embarrassing for football, Wigan should be ashamed.

Er what?

I think he's explained himself very succinctly.

He's saying Ched Evans ACTIONS were obviously worse, but that Makay's attitudes are worse.

I think that's a fair enough argument.

Disgrace. In his attitudes, if not his actions, he is far worse than Evans. Embarrassing for football, Wigan should be ashamed.

Er what?

I think he's explained himself very succinctly. He's saying Ched Evans ACTIONS were obviously worse, but that Makay's attitudes are worse. I think that's a fair enough argument.

Right because someone who thinks its acceptable to send a few un-pc controversial texts is worse than someone who thinks its acceptable to rape someone.

Additionally the way I read it, it doesn't say Ched Evans's actions were obviously worse at all. Or he would have said "not his actions" or something more definite to that effect, not "if not his actions" which to me implies that there is some ambiguity.

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it, but it certainly isn't explained succinctly.

"In his attitudes, if not his actions" is pretty clear that he's talking about his attitude. I'll leave you to argue if you agree with that or not.

Okay that's your opinion and I've already explained why I don't think that's obviously the case. You're the one who first felt the need to clarify for me that he was predominantly talking about his attitude, which I had already gathered and still thought was bizarre, so yeah thanks for leaving me to argue that :rolleyes:

Er what?
I think he's explained himself very succinctly. He's saying Ched Evans ACTIONS were obviously worse, but that Makay's attitudes are worse. I think that's a fair enough argument.

Right because someone who thinks its acceptable to send a few un-pc controversial texts is worse than someone who thinks its acceptable to rape someone.

Additionally the way I read it, it doesn't say Ched Evans's actions were obviously worse at all. Or he would have said "not his actions" or something more definite to that effect, not "if not his actions" which to me implies that there is some ambiguity.

Maybe I'm reading too much in to it, but it certainly isn't explained succinctly.

I thought it was fairly clear, but obviously not.

Evans actions were awful, and displayed arrogance, stupidity and a total lack of respect for a young woman. It was a one off event, even if we can speculate that they might represent his views towards the value of women generally. 

Mackay's texts, over an extended period, show him to be sexist, racist, anti-semite and homophobic. Evans has committed a daft and sinister act, Mackay has revealed himself to hold dark-age views across the board. Evans actions were clearly worse, but the I find the insight into Mackay's psyche at least as troubling. I can't believe he's found work again so fast. I'd be boycotting Wigan if they were my club.

• Like 1

Er what?

I thought it was fairly clear, but obviously not.

Evans actions were awful, and displayed arrogance, stupidity and a total lack of respect for a young woman. It was a one off event, even if we can speculate that they might represent his views towards the value of women generally. 

Mackay's texts, over an extended period, show him to be sexist, racist, anti-semite and homophobic. Evans has committed a daft and sinister act, Mackay has revealed himself to hold dark-age views across the board. Evans actions were clearly worse, but the I find the insight into Mackay's psyche at least as troubling. I can't believe he's found work again so fast. I'd be boycotting Wigan if they were my club.

They have been, since 1932 I believe.

• Like 1

Â