Malky Mackay and Iain Moody

samjp26

It's a clash of working class and middle class cultures.

A lot of the talent in football is from what used to be called the working class. They say things that you would never say holding a cup of tea and a scone. 

Edited by Con

A lot of the talent in football is from what used to be called the working class. They say things that you would never say holding a cup of tea and a scone. 

It isn't a clash of working class and middle class cultures in the slightest, I can assure you that I am far, far, far from middle class.

And Vive La Villa, yes, yes I am. I'm even more offended that people can brush it all off as a joke or that it doesn't matter that these things have been said. 

• Like 1

It isn't a clash of working class and middle class cultures in the slightest, I can assure you that I am far, far, far from middle class.

And Vive La Villa, yes, yes I am. I'm even more offended that people can brush it all off as a joke or that it doesn't matter that these things have been said.

In what sense are you offended? Race? sexual preference, gender? Sorry if I'm being intrusive I'm just genuinely interested why you are so angry?

It doesn't matter what upbringing you had to be offended by it. 

What I mean't was that the people who use such language generally had a poor upbringing. Council estates, rough streets etc.

What I mean't was that the people who use such language generally had a poor upbringing. Council estates, rough streets etc.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Lol

Lol

I realised it was a crap joke and maybe seen as offensive ;)

I absolutely get where you're coming from. I hail from a working class background whereby some of us around the pub table don't actually get what Mackay and Moody have done that wrong ? Some of the other guys who passed an O level or two are lecturing us on our morality. Think I'm somewhere between the 2.......inappropriate texts between 2 minor football names or dealing with IS in Syria ? I know what concerns me more ?

• Like 2

What are you laughing at?

I'm laughing at how you're now flipping this into an argument that people who are racist, sexist, homophobic and such 'generally' come from council estates and 'rough streets', and that these same people had a poor upbringing.

Edited by samjp26

Con, what do you actually want to see happen to McKay and Moody?

Are you saying that because he hasn't killed or molested anyone, he should be allowed to get a job with a top club?

What about the alleged corruption and unexplained payments / transfer fees?

Are you equating the 'folksy racism' of a certain class or generation with that of a 42 year old millionaire, formerly in charge of a premier league team. Comments directed at individuals as opposed to regional and national stereotypes? 

Would you trust him with Barry Bannan?

• Like 1

I'm laughing at how you're now flipping this into an argument that people who are racist, sexist, homophobic and such 'generally' come from council estates and 'rough streets', and that these same people had a poor upbringing.

I thought you were laughing at me removing my post swearing at Con.

Let's leave the working class up rough up bringing generalisation and talk about why you are so angry and feel it's a personal insult?

Are you saying that because he hasn't killed or molested anyone, he should be allowed to get a job with a top club?

Are you equating the 'folksy racism' of a certain class or generation with that of a 42 year old millionaire, formerly in charge of a premier league team. Comments directed at individuals as opposed to regional and national stereotypes?

Would you trust him with Barry Bannan?

I personally think the alleged corruption and unexplained payments are more serious than the text messages.

I thought you were laughing at me removing my post swearing at Con.

Let's leave the working class up rough up bringing generalisation and talk about why you are so angry and feel it's a personal insult?

I'm not angry, it just annoys me that comments like these can be made yet the person making them can be felt sorry for. He himself is only sorry because he was found out, he never apologised before he was found out and it is likely he never would have.

No point going around in circles.

It's not my business to dictate what happens next based on what they said. It's not directly anybody else's business other than potential future employers either.

Corruption is for the football authorities to sort out if true or not.

Might be rich now but it's the upbringing that matters. With all due respect to Bellshill it isn't exactly Chigwell.

It's not my business to dictate what happens next based on what they said. It's not directly anybody else's business other than potential future employers either.

Corruption is for the football authorities to sort out if true or not.

Might be rich now but it's the upbringing that matters. With all due respect to Bellshill it isn't exactly Chigwell.

I understand it's not your (or my) decision as to what happens to them, but surely if they are ostracised from professional football you would understand?

What I don't understand is your hierarchical nature to crime and punishment. If I were to mug someone tonight, should I not be punished because there are paedophiles out there or there be trouble in the Middle East? 

Isn't that what the premise is that there should be greater education to teach academy kids not to be racist, sexist, homophobic and anti-semitic?

A lot of them come from poor backgrounds and would not otherwise get exposed to these "cultured" values.

When Mackay came up through the youth ranks there was none of this PC education. Maybe it would have made a difference.

Isn't that what the premise is that there should be greater education to teach academy kids not to be racist, sexist, homophobic and anti-semitic?

A lot of them come from poor backgrounds and would not otherwise get exposed to these "cultured" values.

When Mackay came up through the youth ranks there was none of this PC education. Maybe it would have made a difference.

You mean educated enough to keep it to yourself? People from all backgrounds and 'classes' harbour these views. They are just more subtle in how they act about it.

Â