Strongest Line Up?

ForeroGabe

My strongest side (before injury returns) would be something like:

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Senderos Cissokho

Westwood Sanchez Cleverley Delph

Gabby Weimann

It's a shame to leave Richardson, and to a certain extent N'Zog on the bench after positive starts but I think that's the strongest we can field at the moment.

diamond then in midfield? Lambert was certainly looking to play that when he first got the job, maybe he'll give it another crack. would require sanchez to cover when the full backs are up the pitch as otherwise we'd have no width.

My strongest side (before injury returns) would be something like:

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Senderos Cissokho

Westwood Sanchez Cleverley Delph

Gabby Weimann

It's a shame to leave Richardson, and to a certain extent N'Zog on the bench after positive starts but I think that's the strongest we can field at the moment.

diamond then in midfield? Lambert was certainly looking to play that when he first got the job, maybe he'll give it another crack. would require sanchez to cover when the full backs are up the pitch as otherwise we'd have no width.

Judging by the signings of Sanchez and Cleverley it certainly seems that's what will happen, unless we're going to play a 5man midfield, with Sanchez as DM still and the wingbacks giving us width, and cleverly/N'Zog(?) in a AM role, and then just have Bentekkers up on his own once fit. He's more than capable, but against the weaker sides it would be nice to see us play more attacking with two strikers.

Something that stands out to me at the moment is that most people are picking the same back four (where as last year it was difficult to pick) and we're finding it hard to pick a midfield without leaving someone out who would have walked in last year. Positive stuff.

guzan

hutton           vlaar             senderos        cissokho

westwood     delph

cleverley 

nzogbia                                                agbonlahor

benteke

guzan

hutton vlaar senderos cissokho

westwood delph

cleverley

nzogbia agbonlahor

benteke

So you dont think sanchez is in our strongest team

What evidence is there right now that he should be?

Same with Cleverley though IMO, I'm surprised not to see Richardson in any of these teams. Not quite the same "name" I guess, but I think he's been well smart for us so far.

This 100%.

guzan

hutton vlaar senderos cissokho

westwood delph

cleverley

nzogbia agbonlahor

benteke

So you dont think sanchez is in our strongest team

What evidence is there right now that he should be?

Same with Cleverley though IMO, I'm surprised not to see Richardson in any of these teams. Not quite the same "name" I guess, but I think he's been well smart for us so far.

On current form I have to agree Richardson should be in there

For me, it's gotta now be this:

Guzan

Hutton, Vlaar, Senderos, Cissokho

Sanchez

Delph, Cleverly

Gabby, Weimann, Grealish

I'd swap the weakest of the front three for Benteke when he's back to form.

On what basis would you drop Westwood and Richardson to bring in Cleverley and The Rock. ?  What have Cleverley and The Rock done to impress you enough to drop two of our best players so far this season?

• Like 1

Most of us probably haven't seen more than about 3 games worth of Sanchez, for most of which I'd wager we weren't really paying attention to him.

So I'm not sure why he's making so many "strongest lineups"

He might be in our strongest line up eventually, and I hope he is because that means we're improving.

But he's got to prove himself first.

• Like 1

Most of us probably haven't seen more than about 3 games worth of Sanchez, for most of which I'd wager we weren't really paying attention to him.

So I'm not sure why he's making so many "strongest lineups"

I'd wager he benches more than Westwood.

For me...

Guzan
Hutton, Vlaar, Senderos, Cissokho
              Westwood
Gabby, Delph, Cleverly,Richardson
                Weimann

Bench: Given, nZog, Sanchez, Grealish, Clark, Bacuna, Bent.

I think Richardson should start... Grealish/nZog can replace him when he starts to flag (65th min). Tekkers to replace Weimann when fit.... feed the beast!

I know its been said before... but its a nice feeling having to decide what 'good' players should be left out instead of which crap players need to pad out the starting line up!

Yeah I'm not so sure about Richardson at the moment. I don't think he's played that well, to me he looks like another Holman, lots of hard work but lacks in quality(many times he's had a pass on and he's just kicked it straight out of play). I also thought he would be a bit quicker than he is, he's looked a bit sluggish so far IMO.

Â