Strongest Line Up?

ForeroGabe

But that's part of the fun. Print what you think now.... laugh later.

I'm a coward....I want to see them all a bit first.

I would like to see Sanchez sitting in front of the two centre backs......but not sure he's up speed with the prem yet?

Guzan
Hutton, Vlaar, Senderos, Cissokho
         Sanchez,Westwood
Grealish,      Delph,          Gabby
                Benteke

Could be a tasty one, with Gabby and Grealish switching wings.

I would like to see something like this against top-6 sides.

Guz(m)an

Hutton Senderos Vlaar Cissokho

Bacuna Westwood Delph Richardson

Cleverly

Benteke

Bacuna and Richardson give us cover and also some real width. Think that three man midfield could be successful. Would have Weimann up top while Benteke was out.

But that's part of the fun. Print what you think now.... laugh later.

I'm a coward....I want to see them all a bit first.

I would like to see Sanchez sitting in front of the two centre backs......but not sure he's up speed with the prem yet?

So far I admit I'm just a little disappointed with Sanchez. But let's put that down to excessively high expectations.

Yeah I'm not so sure about Richardson at the moment. I don't think he's played that well, to me he looks like another Holman, lots of hard work but lacks in quality(many times he's had a pass on and he's just kicked it straight out of play). I also thought he would be a bit quicker than he is, he's looked a bit sluggish so far IMO.

Yeah I sort of agree with that although nice assist for the Weimann goal against Hull.

I too see him as a squad option who'll probably start a lot of the games against the top 6 as workrate and energy will be required to restrict them but not a starter all the time.

Plus he may be needed at left back at some stage let's not forget.

Strongest team v1 442 diamond

Guzan

Hutton   Senderos   Vlaar   Cissokho

Sanchez

Cleverly            Delph

Westwood

Benteke               Gabby/Weimann

Strongest line up v2 433/451

Guzan

Westwood        Delph

Cleverly

Weimann                                 Gabby

Benteke

Second string side

Given

Bacuna   Okore   Baker   Clark

Snachez    Richardson

Cole
N'Zogbia                             Grealish

Kozak

Edited by omariqy

Strongest team v1 442 diamond

Guzan

Sanchez

Cleverly            Delph

Westwood

Benteke               Gabby/Weimann

Strongest line up v2 433/451

Guzan

Westwood        Delph

Cleverly

Weimann                                 Gabby

Benteke

Second string side

Given

Bacuna   Okore   Baker   Clark

Snachez    Richardson

Cole

N'Zogbia                             Grealish

Kozak

God help us if we ever need to rely on that second string side...

Nothing puts the fear of crap into me more than seeing the words Baker and Clark next to eachother on a team sheet...

Guzan in goal. A back four of Hutton, Senderos, Vlaar & Cissokho. Then a midfield diamond of Sanchez, Westwood, Delph & Cleverley (with Cleverley at the point and Sanchez in DM), then Gabby and Benteke up top. BOOM.

Guzan in goal. A back four of Hutton, Senderos, Vlaar & Cissokho. Then a midfield diamond of Sanchez, Westwood, Delph & Cleverley (with Cleverley at the point and Sanchez in DM), then Gabby and Benteke up top. BOOM.

I'm a fan of the diamond too but why Sanchez at this stage?

As much as I like Richardson (who he would be replacing in our current team) I think Sanchez has the potential to be a better asset for our team, and allow our attacking players to attack better than Richardson does.

As much as I like Richardson (who he would be replacing in our current team) I think Sanchez has the potential to be a better asset for our team, and allow our attacking players to attack better than Richardson does.

Maybe.

Theoretically Sanchez would be better suited to that role than Westwood. I would say though that when given the chance Richardson has done a great job getting forward, bombing into the box, lovely assist against Hull too and I've yet to see that from Cleverley. So if that is our best team "on paper" then I'd have Richardson over Cleverley.

I've also never seen Westwood play a wider role. Half of me thinks he'd be an even better player with a little more space to work in and a *little* less responsibility. But then I also think his ability as an out ball for the defence would be lost to a point and I'm not sure that's a good thing.

I've watched this thread with interest and tried to ask questions where I can not to be annoying, but because I genuinely don't know our best team right now. Or at least our best midfield.

Great isn't it.

Â