Strongest Line Up?

ForeroGabe

Hard to call this now. We don't know really how good Okore and Sanchez are, and we don't know whether Cleverley will step up. Also I have a feeling that Grealish might be one of our best players already, but it's probably going too far to say so on the basis of what we've seen. 

So:

Guzan

Hutton, Senderos/Okore, Vlaar, Cissokho

Cleverley/Westwood, Westwood/Sanchez, Delph

Weimann/N'Zogbia, Benteke, Gabby/Grealish

Clear? 

EDIT: Just to say that potentially that's a top half team.  :o  :D

Edited by PatrickCousens
  • Like 1

Guzan

Hutton     Senderos  Vlaar  Cissokho

Sanchez

Delph               Westwood

Cleverley

Gabby   Weimann

Obviously Benteke would replade Gabby or Weimann when fit but thats how i would try and fit our best players in.

Goose (Given)

Hutton (Bacuna) Big Phil (Okore) Vlaar (Baker) Aly (Baker)

Westy (Sanchez) Delph (Bacuna)

Cleverley (Cole)

Grealish (Nzog/Bacuna) Richardson (Gabby)

Benteke (Andi/Kozak)

Depth :D
Who's 'Westy'?
Use your imagination....

Hard to call this now. We don't know really how good Okore and Sanchez are, and we don't know whether Cleverley will step up. Also I have a feeling that Grealish might be one of our best players already, but it's probably going too far to say so on the basis of what we've seen. 

So:

Guzan

Hutton, Senderos/Okore, Vlaar, Cissokho

Cleverley/Westwood, Westwood/Sanchez, Delph

Weimann/N'Zogbia, Benteke, Gabby/Grealish

Clear? 

EDIT: Just to say that potentially that's a top half team.  :o  :D

forgot Richardson

For the first time in a very long time we actually have some genuine option. We can go with different formations and line ups and still actually put out a decent side.

In recent years our starting 11 pretty much picked itself and we tinkered with the formation a bit depending on who was fit and who we were playing.

This season should be different, not only is it harder for us to know the line up but also for opposition sides and that can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

For the first time in a very long time we actually have some genuine option. We can go with different formations and line ups and still actually put out a decent side.

In recent years our starting 11 pretty much picked itself and we tinkered with the formation a bit depending on who was fit and who we were playing.

This season should be different, not only is it harder for us to know the line up but also for opposition sides and that can only be a good thing.

It also makes players fight for their positions in the starting line-up. For me Westwood in the early part of the season has been performing well as he knows he now has to up his game due to genuine quality sitting on the bench.

I still think our attacking options are a little bit on the light side until we get Benteke and to a lesser extent Kozak back.

I know Weimann and Gabby did well in the last game but we all know that as long as a team sets up properly against them (ie gives them no space) then they struggle to carve out chances for themselves. N'Zog I think is still a good few games away from being properly sharp and ready to be a big threat.

What I will say is the major upgrade we've made to our midfield this summer should mean we are better able to control games and create proper guilt edged chances (remember those?). I think Gabby, Weimann, N'Zogbia and Bent are all reasonably proficient finishers so should hopefully benefit from having to be in the right place and finish rather than create the whole chance and finish which is what they've been asked to do for a good long while now.

I still think our attacking options are a little bit on the light side until we get Benteke and to a lesser extent Kozak back.

Absolutely, I don't think anyone would argue. But if you take those two as being the main men then as 3rd and 4th choice options Weimann and Gabby are better than most the clubs in and around where we will be this season.

Oh and there is that fat bloke that keeps hanging around as well. :)

• Like 2

Absolutely, I don't think anyone would argue. But if you take those two as being the main men then as 3rd and 4th choice options Weimann and Gabby are better than most the clubs in and around where we will be this season.

Oh and there is that fat bloke that keeps hanging around as well. :)

Benteke - Kozak - Weimann - Agbonlahor

If Benteke can offer 12-15 goals, Kozak 8-10, Weimann and Gabby the same.. Love it :)

Best thing about this is I've no idea who our best lineup will be. It will be different depending on home/away on quality of opposition. also most importantly on form of the players. 

I think any of 18 players could form part of our strongest team if they were in top form. 

• Like 1

Â