Aly Cissokho

samjp26

20 hours ago, Mantis said:

Surely we must recall him in January? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

You're assuming we can.

I'm pretty sure that if any fee was paid for the loan then we don't really have much choice in allowing him to stay there if Porto wish.

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

You're assuming we can.

I'm pretty sure that if any fee was paid for the loan then we don't really have much choice in allowing him to stay there if Porto wish.

Unless we refund them some of that fee. For me makes more sense than buying a left back or loaning another. Remi knows Cissokho surely this is thee best option?

He actually isnt a bad defender, better than bennett and richardson combined

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Unless we refund them some of that fee. For me makes more sense than buying a left back or loaning another. Remi knows Cissokho surely this is thee best option?

He actually isnt a bad defender, better than bennett and richardson combined

I'm not disputing that it makes sense or if he is a good player. My point is that its Porto's call. If they paid a fee, which seems to be standard practice, then its at their discretion.

I can't imagine we put a callback clause or anything like that into his loan either because you could see that Sherwood saw Amavi and Richardson as our left-back options.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a buy fee for Porto to activate at the end of the season if they wished. It was clear Aly wasn't in Sherwood's plans and he would have been happy to sell him.

2 hours ago, SikhInTrinity said:

For this to happen, as said above it's Porto's call, considering he isn't featuring much in the squads never mind the first team, they might be open to negotiation of ending his loan early with us paying them some sort of compensation.

Thats it, if he isnt playing then if we pay half the fee back to them I am sure we can get him back. i would imagine the fee would not be large at all. i think remi is exploring this option personally as he saw first hand how crap richardson is

2 hours ago, SikhInTrinity said: For this to happen, as said above it's Porto's call, considering he isn't featuring much in the squads never mind the first team, they might be open to negotiation of ending his loan early with us paying them some sort of compensation.

Thats it, if he isnt playing then if we pay half the fee back to them I am sure we can get him back. i would imagine the fee would not be large at all. i think remi is exploring this option personally as he saw first hand how crap richardson is

Whilst I'd like to bring him back, there is zero evidence that we can do so, only wishful thinking. I know of not one instance where it has been reported that a club has returned a loan fee in order to recall a player. Maybe I'm wrong?

Maybe they didn't pay a fee and he has a recall clause, again just speculation. You'd think if he's not playing there would be a way to get him back and you'd definitely think Garde would want this, but without knowing the facts I won't be blaming anyone should we fail.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Tim was probably too thick to have any recall clauses inserted. No idea why he considered Cissokho to be worse than many other crap players we have.

And leaving Senderos off the squad list, genius also.

The Sherwood-blaming is starting to get ridiculous. We had 26 senior players, and you can only name 25. What to do? Most people wanted to add a striker as well. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Tim was probably too thick to have any recall clauses inserted. No idea why he considered Cissokho to be worse than many other crap players we have.

I'm sure Sherwood wrote the loan document with Porto himself.

• Like 1

Probably not but he choose Richardson over Cissokho and wasted another squad place on Lescott and signed Ilori a player not fit or even seemingly not ready when we didn't have time to really accomodate that type of player and could even just end up developing him for Liverpool (maybe not). Never made a single appearance for Liverpool - lets hope we didn't get duped on that one also.

so bitch all you want, but ultimately whatever the terms of the loan it was Tim didn't rate Cissokho and allowed him to go on loan, and it was Tim who gambled on Amavi who though clearly class (injury or no injury) was going to make mistakes and cost us goals on the way to becoming the player he can and needs to be.

I'd rather have Senderos than Lescott, appreciate that no-one knew how appalling Lescott would turn out to be when we signed him.

Finally Joe Cole, it was clear Tim wasn't going to play him so why not send him on loan and free up that squad place?

I'm not bitching at all. I'm just amused that suddenly Cissoko has become the second coming of Roberto Carlos.

Cissoko last season was no better than Richardson and if the club was looking to ship out a left back then there was more chance of moving Cissoko on than Richardson, so in that regard it makes sense. Obviously we never expected Amavi to miss the season, that's just bad luck

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Probably not but he choose Richardson over Cissokho and wasted another squad place on Lescott and signed Ilori a player not fit or even seemingly not ready when we didn't have time to really accomodate that type of player and could even just end up developing him for Liverpool (maybe not). Never made a single appearance for Liverpool - lets hope we didn't get duped on that one also.

so bitch all you want, but ultimately whatever the terms of the loan it was Tim didn't rate Cissokho and allowed him to go on loan, and it was Tim who gambled on Amavi who though clearly class (injury or no injury) was going to make mistakes and cost us goals on the way to becoming the player he can and needs to be.

I'd rather have Senderos than Lescott, appreciate that no-one knew how appalling Lescott would turn out to be when we signed him.

Finally Joe Cole, it was clear Tim wasn't going to play him so why not send him on loan and free up that squad place?

We were trying to move a left back on. Nobody wanted Richardson. Somebody wanted Cissokho. This really isn't complicated. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Aly Cissokho is on his way back in Jan.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/exclusive-aston-villa-agree-first-january-acquisition

Loaned out to Porto for the season over the summer by Tim Sherwood, Aly Cissokho’s second spell with the Portuguese club didn’t quite go as planned.

Today, Sport Witness can exclusively reveal that the player’s loan has been officially cut short by Aston Villa, with the left-back returning to the Midlands club for the remainder of the season.

Talk of this happening has been circulating for a while now, especially since Jordan Amavi’s cruciate ligament rupture, and the deal has now been finalised.

According to a source close to the player, the left-back was never really in Lopetegui’s plans, with some decisions made by the Porto manager described as “questionable”.

Asked if Aly Cissokho wanted to return to Aston Villa, the source told Sport Witness: “Of course, yes! Aly’s objective is to have as much game time as possible and take pleasure in doing so. He’s only 28.”

One of the main reasons behind the player’s return is, of course, Rémi Garde.

Aston Villa’s new manager was the man in charge during Aly Cissokho’s last year at Lyon before the player’s move to Valencia in 2012.

The source explained: “Rémi Garde knows him very well. They had a promising contact over the phone (prior to the deal being finalised) and he’ll know how to use him.”

There were indications the deal had been completed on Thursday by the player’s absence during the morning training session.

During his brief loan spell at Porto, Aly Cissokho only made three appearances for the Portuguese club (two in the league and one in the cup).

Tom Coast.

• Like 4

We need to get stronger defensively so this helps. Cissokho's main issue was attack. Just let him focus on defense because we need to stop allowing so many goals each match. We can have Grealish, Gil, or Traore play the wing and not have to worry about covering for their fullbacks. 

Â