Aly Cissokho

samjp26

Thought this guy was really good myself - at one stage he was our most creative player. Don't see how we can improve on him without spending a serious sum - £10m+

He was certainly better than Richardson, Hutton, or Lowton in that position.

Neil Taylor's getting linked to loads of clubs for 3-4m, no idea why Swansea seemingly want to let him go as he's a good player.

I actually think George Friend of Boro looks a decent player and he'd probably cost similar, he's better than Bennett anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sad to be honest, he wasn't all that bad in fact he was pretty good under Lambert until a few small injuries came into play/the entire team became shite.

Personally would've liked to see him get given a better chance but maybe this whole wing back system just doesn't warrant him.

he was no worse than Hutton and he got a new deal. Better than Hutton defensively and offers nothing going forward like Hutton. Both will probably shipped out.. he needds proper attacking full backs in the way we play as we have no good width.

Yeah, it is pretty sad, because he did a decent job but if Sherwood is serious about a 3-5-2 formation with wing-backs then he absolutely should get rid of Cissokho. the guy ain't an attacking wing-back, that's for sure. 

Started season well. Whipped in sum dangerous crosses. Then faded.

more accurate to say then got injured then new manager came then wasn't picked . I think.

Shame he didn't really get a chance under Sherwood. Decent player for what we paid, I guess Tim must either be confident of getting a lot of money to spend or being able to find even better value than someone like Cissokho for under £2m.

• Like 1

Wouldn't say he was poor from far it didn't offer much going forward but was solid.

Didn't offer anything going forward.....

... and I'm not sold on his defensive attributes either. I'd love a new LB.

Â