Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

I'm absolutely buzzing as Adam Hammill has just scored a great free kick for St Mirren against Steve Clarke's Kilmarnock

Both himself and Simeon Jackson that i suggested to the club when i was there have both scored for club so far and look very good pickup's.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

Gutted it's now 1-2 as Tshibola another i suggested to the club for a loan in Jan has scored for Kilmarnock.

He's doing alright up there, knew he would

Ah Well. Need sort out defence as i have never rated Anton Ferdinand

Edited by Villan4Life

• 2 weeks later...

Seem to have been a festive atmosphere in Edinburgh?

Hearts 0-0 Hibs: Neil Lennon 'furious' over coin attack in Edinburgh derby

"Furious" Hibs manager Neil Lennon called for the supporter who hit him with a coin during a stormy goalless Edinburgh derby to be "singled out".

Lennon was struck "on the jaw" moments after appearing to celebrate Hearts having an injury-time goal disallowed.

Hearts keeper Zdenek Zlamal was also "punched" by a fan while both assistant referees, Frank Connor and David McGeachie, were struck by objects.

"It's unsavoury to say the least. It's unacceptable," Lennon said.

"People will say I was winding the crowd up; I wasn't. I was just giving a bit back for the abuse I was taking for 90 minutes."

Hearts counterpart Craig Levein said it was "ridiculous" Lennon and Zlamal were subjected to such attacks.

"There's no place for that," Levein said. "Bobby got punched [by a supporter] at one end and Neil has been hit by some idiot with a coin.

"I got a fright when I saw Lenny on the ground. I hope they catch whoever it was that threw it. They need to be dealt with."

'People say I bring it on myself... I'm not having that'

Police Scotland have already spoken to Lennon about the incident, and plan to speak to Zlamal.

Lennon turned around towards the celebrating Hearts fans after the goal was disallowed but he dismissed any suggestion he had done anything wrong.

It came seven years after he was involved in an incident with a Hearts fan on the touchline at Tynecastle during his tenure as Celtic manager.

"People say 'Neil Lennon brings it on himself, he deserves to get hit by a coin' or whatever. I am not having this," he said. "I've had it here before, a guy coming on to the pitch trying to attack me. It is not on.

"The guy must have a few quid because it was a pound coin. I would like to meet the individual who threw the coin some day, because I am not happy about it at all.

"It stung me; it is quite sore. I don't know where he has thrown it from, but it is a good shot. He might get in the World Matchplay [darts] next year. It came out of nowhere. I am furious about it, to be honest."

'It is just an absolute disgrace'

Lennon also said he hoped the supporter who punched Zlamal would be "singled out, banned and arrested".

Hearts manager Levein said his goalkeeper was struck by a fan in the Hibs end as he retrieved a ball from behind his goal during the second half.

Lennon said the Hibs fan responsible must be punished.

"We don't condone that. It isn't the face of our club or way we conduct ourselves. A player getting punched trying to do his job is just an absolute disgrace. He is not a Hibs fan," Lennon said.

"It's blackening the name of both clubs and Scottish football. This should be a showpiece game, it was feisty and intimidating, everything you expect.

"But if people can't behave themselves they should be banned, singled out, embarrassed and humiliated, because they have humiliated the club."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46052581

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its a horrible thing to happen and while no defence. Its not a coincidence this only seems to happen to Neil Lennon

Celtic and Hibs have other managers who this shit never happened to

Was pretty much my thought as well when I read about it.

Apparently this ISN'T goading the opposition fans after their injury time goal is ruled out for offside...

Doesn't even look like it hit his face. Seems to bounce of his chest then a second or two later he goes down holding his face.

Did the post match interviews and not a mark on him. If a coin hits you in the face at speed something is going to be visible.

No excuses for chucking shit at people but he should be charged with incitement. If a fan did that to a grop of opposition fans in a pub they would get battered.

Edited by LakotaDakota

11 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Apparently this ISN'T goading the opposition fans after their injury time goal is ruled out for offside...

Doesn't even look like it hit his face. Seems to bounce of his chest then a second or two later he goes down holding his face.

Did the post match interviews and not a mark on him. If a coin hits you in the face at speed something is going to be visible.

No excuses for chucking shit at people but he should be charged with incitement. If a fan did that to a grop of opposition fans in a pub they would get battered.

Maybe Shearer was right to stamp on his head (allegedly) after all?? ?*

*The inclusion of the 'winky emoji' demonstrates that my comment is based on humour and irony and not a reflection of my actual, real thoughts on the matter.

At least he stayed off the pitch this time......last time he went off towards the sevco fans pretending to be an aeroplane  at the end of last season,  lol.

Coin , I think, hit him on the chest. but the play acting was just as bad as the Hearts keeper pretending he had been felled by a right hook from Tyson.....Mike or Fury.

Both incidents have no place in modern day football and hopefully the Police will find the culprits.......however based on their involvement , or lack of it, in all the other "antics" going on last night both inside and outside the ground , I won't hold my breath. By the number of coins being thrown I expect the cleaners came away a good deal richer. Took me back to watching football in the 70's!......especially in the old Witton Lane.?

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't condone throwing coins or anything at anyone.

But I'm not ashamed to say I laughed when I saw Lennon get hit with that coin.

Same!

Not right at all but don't goad a bunch of irate Scots who have just conceded a goal to their bitter and hated rivals!

Its like running around a lion enclosure with fillet steaks stuck to you and moaning you were mauled.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't condone throwing coins or anything at anyone.

But I'm not ashamed to say I laughed when I saw Lennon get hit with that coin.

ESPECIALLY with his lapping up to the Hearts fans. Guy is a clown.

Good way to waste time......we were up against it in the last few minutes  with only 10 men.

Think the only reason he went down was to retrieve the coin ?

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lennon deserved it, thoroughly deserved it, absolutely delighted to see him get struck with  a coin, shame it didn't cause more damage. This guy has deserved everything that has ever happened to him, pure scum.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â