Danny Batth

Villan4Life

I would have expected Wolves to have kept their thoughts private on this type of speculation but it seems they have gone public Batth on this one which suggests we might yet be prepared to cause a ripple in the transfer market. £5m would be a lot for us to splash out from our very limited resources but if he turns out to be another Lescott then we might have the L'Oreal thing on our hands and he could well be worth it...  

• Like 4

I would have expected Wolves to have kept their thoughts private on this type of speculation but it seems they have gone public Batth on this one which suggests we might yet be prepared to cause a ripple in the transfer market. £5m would be a lot for us to splash out from our very limited resources but if he turns out to be another Lescott then we might have the L'Oreal thing on our hands and he could well be worth it...

The pun counter has just exploded.

• Like 2

It looks like this leak has come from Wolves so the 5m price tag must of been leaked by them also.  They are most likely just trying to drum up interest in him and using our good name as we could potentially be looking for a CB if we lose Ron. 

A chap I work with is a Wolves fan and says Batth played really well for them last season, but he did qualify it by saying that it was his first proper season for the club and that it was against league 1 opposition. Sounds like a decent deal if it was the good old days where we could spend 5m on a prospect for the future, or a back up, but as a replacement for Vlaar, I doubt he'd be good enough to be honest.

Can't think of a good bath related pun... Something about showering him with praise? That'll do.

Edited by alreadyexists

Replacement for Vlaar will need to be an established quality player that can hit the ground running

No inexperienced league one player like this bloke please

If Lambert is going to sell him he needs to replace him with someone of equal quality or we will be going backwards which means relegation

• Like 2

Replacement for Vlaar will need to be an established quality player that can hit the ground running

No inexperienced league one player like this bloke please

If Lambert is going to sell him he needs to replace him with someone of equal quality or we will be going backwards which means relegation

Don't we already have one in Baker? ;)

I'd rather they spend the money on a defensive coach personally. They can buy all the defenders they want but it's clear the issue is as much systematic as it is personnel.

• Like 4

I'd rather they spend the money on a defensive coach personally. They can buy all the defenders they want but it's clear the issue is as much systematic as it is personnel.

That's actually not a Batth idea

• Like 1

I think Batth will be our option should Vlaar leave. If Vlaar stays I can't see us signing him this year, not unless they think he's really good and we want to get him on his books before his value skyrockets.. which is unlikely. Makes sense to scout him, just in case Vlaar suddenly turns around and hands in a transfer request.

I think Batth will be our option should Vlaar leave. If Vlaar stays I can't see us signing him this year, not unless they think he's really good and we want to get him on his books before his value skyrockets.. which is unlikely. Makes sense to scout him, just in case Vlaar suddenly turns around and hands in a transfer request.

If that's our plan, we deserve everything we've got coming to us. The guy has played the total of one (1) game at a higher-than-League-One level. Vlaar is a World Cup semi-finalist. We cannot, CANNOT, replace him with a 'project'. 

• Like 1

If that's our plan, we deserve everything we've got coming to us. The guy has played the total of one (1) game at a higher-than-League-One level. Vlaar is a World Cup semi-finalist. We cannot, CANNOT, replace him with a 'project'. 

Nope.

Â