Commonwealth Games

hogso

Cool! Jerusalem does more to stir my patriotism, than God Save The Queen ever does. If ever we do all go our separate ways, and we devolve the Union and Queenie advocates, I vote to ditch GSTQ for Jerusalem ASAP!

• Like 2

Claire Balding trying to find out what gift the medal winners are being given along with their medal.  Becky Adlington said that it should be something which is relevant to local culture, they got beautiful silk scarves in Delhi in 2010. 

So something small which represents modern Scotland?  It's heroin isn't it? 

• Like 3

Claire Balding trying to find out what gift the medal winners are being given along with their medal.  Becky Adlington said that it should be something which is relevant to local culture, they got beautiful silk scarves in Delhi in 2010. 

So something small which represents modern Scotland?  It's heroin isn't it? 

The girl who won the gold in the swimming, was referred to by the commentator as a "Scottish Heroin". I LOL'd.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Just catching up with this thread.

1) GSTQ is a horrible dirge and does nothing to stir patrioric feelings. Once HMtheQ pops her clogs it should be immidiately replaced because noone will want to sing GSTK for Charlie-Boy.

2) Cycling has been good because its a World Class field. The athletics hasn't been great and the gymnastics has been shocking.

3) Adlington then and now....yes. All day long. Gets massive stick totally unjustified IMO.

Rebecca Adlington - 2 stone lighter and with a new nose.

You would, wouldn't you?

Despite the nose job, she still has a MASSIVE nose! Bless....anyway yep I would
I,

I'd DHUTWU before, now and later

Â