Commonwealth Games

hogso

Is there anything more pointless on earth than the Commonwealth Games? I mean it's beyond pointless, random assortment of countries that the UK once ruled get together to have a farcical low quality version of the Olympics. 

It's the Johnstones Pain Trophy essentially

Its boring. Predicable. And full of overpaid whiny moaning rocket polishers who don't live in the real world

Yet you have signed up for and are posting on a football forum.

Yeah, because we really chat about football in here :)

Still signed up for the site, would this section of the site be known to those before they signed up, I doubt it.

Anyway I quite like the Commonwealth games, but they are essentially a low quality version of the Olympics as Byrne said.

The sprint events won't be that downgraded though.

Commonwealth games wouldn't annoy me if the BBC wasn't going to ram it down my throat everyday until it's over, pretending it's something important. When the real news I want to see is push to the side on the news to make way for this nonsense. 

Individual sport only works when it pits the best of the world against eachother. Otherwise it's of no interest. 

Still signed up for the site, would this section of the site be known to those before they signed up, I doubt it.

Absolutely correct, off with her head

Swedish humour?

Glasgow- gets the Commonwealth Games

Edinburgh- has already hosted two

Cardiff-has hosted one

Manchester- bid for the Olympics heavily supported by the government. Fails but gets the Commonwealth & Man City get a free stadium

London- Three Olympics hosted & West Ham get a free stadium

Birmingham......... bids for Olympics with no backing from government and gets sweet FA.

No wonder they always say Brummies are depressed.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Cardiff-has hosted one

Manchester- bid for the Olympics heavily supported by the government. Fails but gets the Commonwealth & Man City get a free stadium

Birmingham.........- bids for Olympics with no backing from government and gets sweet FA.

To be honest, there was no way Brum was going to win the Olympics.  It would have been a bid lost before it begun.  Nothing to be depressed about.  The Olympics was out of our league.  The question of whether we should get something like the Commonwealth though - when it comes back to the UK it seems the fair choice, assuming we want it of course. 

Edited by trekka

Swedish humour?

Yeah, we're hilarious up here.

• Like 1

Cardiff-has hosted one

Birmingham.........- bids for Olympics with no backing from government and gets sweet FA.

To be honest, there was no way Brum was going to win the Olympics.  It would have been a bid lost before it begun.  Nothing to be depressed about.  The Olympics was out of our league.  The question of whether we should get something like the Commonwealth though - when it comes back to the UK it seems the fair choice, assuming we want it of course. 

Yes.... but the only thing is that Birmingham City would get a nice new 45,000 stadium in all probability if that ever did happen. But as Birmingham couldn't even get the UK city of culture (Londonderry anyone?) then I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

Â