Commonwealth Games

hogso

Lawn Bowls is so boring to watch.

I'd be interested to see how many people turn the common wealth over whilst the bowls are on.

My dad wouldn't, he plays 4 times a week. Absolutely addicted to it.

• Like 1

Wasn't too interested in watching this at the start - but watching some of the doubles squash lately has been great - along with the table tennis (which I am always gutted that I had to give up playing when I got to uni, owing to Cardiff Uni's apparent inability to own a single table...) - but it does seem I have a thing for watching chaotic sports (needless to say, gutted there wasn't a Madison event with the track cycling!)

I'd be interested to see how many people turn the common wealth over whilst the bowls are on.

Flat green or crown green? Can't remember where the geographical split is (south of England is usually flat, north is crown). 

(And before you all start with the old codger jokes, the last time I played bowls I was in my early 20s).  :)

I'd be interested to see how many people turn the common wealth over whilst the games are on.

Fixed. 

Flat green or crown green? Can't remember where the geographical split is (south of England is usually flat, north is crown). 

(And before you all start with the old codger jokes, the last time I played bowls I was in my early 20s).  :)

Both. Crown in the summer and flat (indoors) in the winter.

I used to play a bit on a saturday with him when it wasn't football season but then he changed clubs and didn't play Saturdays at all

My Grandad in South Wales viewed Crown Green in the same light as Rugby League, an impure sport played by "professionals" (said with as much disdain and venom as possible) in the north of England

• Like 1

I usually watch most sport on TV.  I think I have watch 10 mins in total of this Commonwealth Games.  I think if it was somewhere else I would have maybe give it a go but I feel watching it with all the Tartan,  blue flags and the constant "Well done X,  what a win for Scotland  "What about the atmosphere,  did that drive you on etc etc."  

unfortunately caught about 10 minutes of the closing ceremony,  if the best you got is Lulu and (*Joey) Deacon Blue then it's time to shut the shop.

*For all you 40 something Blue Peter fans out there :-)"

Â