Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

as long as they dont introduce a ton of really interesting characters and then do absolutely **** all with them because they'd rather have shit CGI characters to appease kids taking up the screen, the worst thing about the last trilogy wasnt that they were shit, its that if you read the books, watch the clone wars cartoons etc invest a bit of time in to the EU stuff surrounding it you realise how good it should have been if Lucas wasnt so far up his own ass, maul, grevious, dooku for example, all could have been great characters, in the end all of them are fairly pointless because they arent developed enough on screen

with that in mind im not overly disappointed that they arent exploring the EU with these films, i dont want them to skirt around it, either do it or dont touch them

I have been waiting for the new films for a while.

It was very important that the Millenium Falcon is in the new film(s) as I have built one specifically to sell at around the time the film comes out.

As far as models go I think it is up there with the best as I have endeavoured to make it a one of a kind in terms of paint,  display box  and electrics.   The actual model is quite rare and my wife had it imported from Japan for me.  

I kept a photo diary of the build as a record for myself and hopefully any prospective buyers.

I recently put in a proposal for a model build at the local coffee shop with good feedback and I would say a 80% + chance of getting the job @ around €2000.  So fingers crossed.

The pictures are all in drop box as there are far too many.

Hope you like it.  (If you know anyone who might like it,  person or business then let me know please.  I will obviously reward anyone who helps with the sale)

The pictures are not in the right order and there is a lot as I wanted to show any buyer how it was created,  no short cuts here.  There are rust and marks on it that are 100% as the original ship in ROTJ.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gqvq6g05kpdic2h/AAD2xJpXwWvBpvvt9DyY72_Pa

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Well they can't be any worse than the prequel trilogy.

Tone down the lightsaber battles, tone down the CGI (yeah right) and focus on the story, and it might just be a success.

I have got quite good hopes for this because Abrams actually made Star Trek entertaining.

Can we discuss the spin off films as well in this thread? If so, it would be good to see them go back in time and look at the Old Republic, set roughly 3000 years before A New Hope. Stories following the adventures of Revan would make for a good series as he changes from Jedi, to Darth and back again. It looks as though we'll get a story about Yoda as a spin off, which is a fine start.

As for Episode 7, I was kind of expecting it to follow one of the Kasden books and actually feature the good vs evil aspect by charting the development of Solo's children. The spoiler announcement earlier in this thread seems to pooh-pooh that though, along with the revelation that the EU is no longer in play.

Looking back to 1977, A New Hope was a very good quality family film, and so the following two films were too (Episode 5 dipping into slightly darker/mysterious themes). Episodes 1, 2 and 3 are essentially good family films too (the Pod Race is great, the Bounty Hunter street chase through Coruscant is great, the battle for Geonosis is fine, the rescue of Chancellor Palpatine and the Mustafar climax fight are great) - but as we have grown up with the original Star Wars, we kind of expect our more adult tastes to be catered for, but that won't happen, and so it shouldn't. It's about telling family friendly stories and I think Disney will do a great job of that. If fans can accept Star Wars as being a family centric franchise, then all will be good.

That all said - Lucas for me, left far too much story and action for Episode 3 alone. Story telling and character development are obviously key to the ongoing success of the series. I agree with earlier opinion that messrs Maul, Grievous and Dooku got far too little screen time to develop or explore their background. There's a whole story there to be told for each of those.

Instead, we wasted so much time in Episode 1 with nothing more than a trade dispute between the Naboo and the Japanese (Neimoidians), a pod race and some floppy eared simpleton making a tit of himself up and down a battlefield rolling big balls of purple paint at a phenomenally inept droid army. But I digress, it was a kids film, and it delivered in that respect. And in Episode 1, I love Qui Gon Jin - he's actually quite dark for a Jedi e.g. using the force to get what he wants and cheating at a game of dice to that effect.

I have high hopes for JJ Abrams - although imo 'Lost' was a myopic prick tease that went on for 4 series too long, the Star Trek films have been really good so far. Whatever happens, it will feel great hearing that music at the start of another cinematic adventure. I can't wait. He has a captive audience and fan base. Even if the film bombs, we know we'll be back for more. It's Star Wars - and that's all there is. :D

Depending on how serious you follow Star Wars (lore, EU or whatever), I am hopeful that Boba Fett will get the opportunity to return (he survived the Sarlacc Pit) and maybe more from Darth Maul, who didn't actually die in Episode 1. Whether they feature in the spin offs or the new series, who knows.

--

I wonder if the 'new' ice planet in Ep 7 will be Ilum... or maybe Belsavis (the partially icy prison planet explored in the Old Republic).

I guarantee the space shots will look lovely and there will be a **** tonne of lens flare.

JJ did a fair job with the new Star Trek but they have plenty of flaws too.

I may be alone in wishing George had just let it all lie after Episode 6 and let all the newly designated "non-cannon" stuff take over.

Can we discuss the spin off films as well in this thread? If so, it would be good to see them go back in time and look at the Old Republic, set roughly 3000 years before A New Hope. Stories following the adventures of Revan would make for a good series as he changes from Jedi, to Darth and back again. 

i want them to do a big budget live action TV series on the old republic, HBO style production levels

• Like 2

Can we discuss the spin off films as well in this thread? If so, it would be good to see them go back in time and look at the Old Republic, set roughly 3000 years before A New Hope. Stories following the adventures of Revan would make for a good series as he changes from Jedi, to Darth and back again. 

i want them to do a big budget live action TV series on the old republic, HBO style production levels

I think there is a lot of mileage there... It's so long before Ep4 that the world is their oyster really with that. I thought we were going to get a live action series of some sort, but we got the Clone Wars cartoons instead - the 2nd iteration of them are okay (the first was far too manga and quirky in style). the CW toons were okay, but live action really floats my boat and I think would be able to run and run.

+1 for a TV series!

I still haven't seen the clone-wars series apart from a episode or two. Just the movie. My kids like them though. Worth going through?

i havent seen much either, read most of the CW books though, they really have a great set of characters to work with, kit fisto, plo kloonm, shaak ti etc, even grevious is a good character in the books when they pad his story out properly

the thing with the tv show or anything to do with the old republic would be that it wouldn't link in any way to any characters shown in the films, getting across the idea that its a prelude set thousands of years before luke skywalker will take some doing, but can you imagine the trailers from the old republic game if they were filmed in live action?

randy_marsh.jpg#Randy%20marsh

When will they make the reveal that Yoda was an exiled super-monkey that travelled back in time to train humans to fight the race of super-monkeys that claimed Earth & the surrounding Galaxy, an event of course which led to a mass human exodus and the foundation of the Old Republic?

EH?

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

I don't think Yoda's species has ever been confirmed properly has it? Given that he's a hugely popular character who features heavily in the movies and the Clone Wars cartoons, and that just about every other planet and species has been categorised - in the books at least - it's quite amazing that Yoda's past hasn't been entirely revealed.

I can't wait for these. I'm also refraining from reading any of the spoilers that have been put in this thread!

I'm not much of a purist. I love the original trilogy, I like the prequal trilogy and J J can do what he likes with this trilogy. For me, it's just... MORE STAR WARS! :D

• Like 2

I remember getting quite excited a few years ago when the TV series was getting planned especially considering it was supposed to be more adult.

I think it was pitched as The Sopranos in a Galaxy Far, Far Away...and mostly focused on some of the lesser known characters...

Who knows, now that TV shoes are ultra popular again maybe we may get a TV show at some point in the future?

Oooh!!!!!

I'm all super excited and giddy like a child.  :D

It's the Star Wars theme, isn't it? 

THE iconic Hollywood musical piece, bar none.

I really hope they incorporate the Khyber Crystal in there somewhere. The outtake from Jedi of Luke building his lightsabre I guess hinted at it, but to have both Empire/Sith and Rebellion/Jedi hunting for it would be awesome

I want a Jedi/Sith/some form of Force-adept Hutt.  They can do whatever the hell else they want, have 2 hours of Jar-Jar monologue for all I care, just please give me some form of bad-ass, lightning-throwing, lightsabre-wielding Hutt.

Â