Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

Am I the only one that prefers the prequel trilogy?

Anyway, although it looks good I don't think this new trilogy will be a critical success. Too much expectation and it'll probably be overshadowed by the legacy of what came before it.

Maybe not the only one but certainly in a massive minority

In terms of expectation, I don't think any movie had the high levels of expectation as Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. It was hyped up beyond belief, and such a crushing disappointment when it was released. 

I was one of those that ached for the Phantom Menace to live up to the hype but only to have my hopes shattered by Jar Jar Binks....

however, I have sinced watched all of the prequels (along with the original trilogy - naturally!) with my 8yr old boy and he loves them. Watching him enjoy them so much has given me a different view of the prequels - they're still excellent kids movies (just like the originals) but lack that 'adult' touch for the fanboys and older audience.

Back on track - the 90 second clip indicates this could be a corker. Love the look of the x-wings and seeing the Falcon fly again - yeehah!

The prequels almost killed the francise for me, because they essentially showed up The weaknesses in the original trilogy. My hopes for 7 up have been raised my many things...no Lucas, Disney and JJ. They've each shown what they can do recently and the trailer looks awesome. I hope it rekindles the love of the original trilogy because they were important to my childhood.

Bear in mind that I grew up watching the prequels (although everyone else I've spoken to who also grew up with them prefer the originals anyway...)

How old are you and why were you adopted by such horrible people?

Early 20s. I fully admit that me being a kid when the prequel films came out is probably why I like them more.

Edited by Mantis

The prequels almost killed the francise for me

and me but there were some excellent books and the some of the clone wars cartoon stuff on the side was good which just about kept it going, think SW battlefront coming out just before the film will get me buzzing for it

The original three are rip roaring adventure yarns, total eye candy and it seemed like a quantum leap for film

'Logans Run' came out the year before. It was a fairly big budget affair, £9 mill as opposed to'Star Wars' at 11 mill, but without expensive extended SFX space scenes.

The two films look like they're from different decades. (LR is cool though).

The 'Star Wars' prequels weren't a quantum leap, 'Gladiator' turned up looking similar and being better.

The prequels do have a worthy underlying message, that's quite salient in the current climate.

Be wary of losing your freedom under the pretense of dealing with an artificial enemy.

• Like 1

Honestly, the prequels are the worst written films I've ever seen. The dialogue makes the Transformers films look like Casablanca.

Have you seen The Last Airbender? Hands down the worst dialogue I've heard in a film. That combined with laughable acting, makes it even more terrible.

I counted zero lens flares in that trailer. What the hell JJ?

You counted wrong. Watch the bit with the Millenium Falcon again ;)

As for the trailer, I can't help but be excited. Of course I'm going to watch it and I'm going to treat it as a different animal to both IV, V and VI in the same way I do with I, II and III. I don't have the utmost faith in J.J Abrams (thought the Star Trek films were meh and don't get me started on Lost), but I'm open-minded about the whole thing.

Pretty sure stormtroopers are clones, though. As far as I know, Jango Fett wasn't black... Eh, maybe they just employ individuals and not clones any more, or perhaps he jacked the armour from a stormtrooper a la Luke and Han in A New Hope.

Edited by Ginko

Â