Star Wars: Disney Era

Ginko

Lightsaber-Force-Awakens.jpg

ERMAHGERD

The guard on this lightsaber is stupid

Everything else is amazing.

Trouble is the dicking with the lightsaber is indicative of a wider problem.

We had a gimmicky new lightsaber in episode 1 as well - and look at what a total dogshit covered abortion that turned out to be. 

The trailer was good (trailers always are - thats the point) but I do worry its going to be typical JJ formulaic fayre, gimmicky baddie, lens flare, some space shit, more lens flare.... rinse and repeat. 

Still some work to do to convince me I should care. 

• Like 2

darth maul and that lightsaber (and the music, duel of fates) was the 1 redeeming feature of that film, everything else was utter garbage

id be tempted to say darth maul was the highlight of the whole prequel trilogy, and of course they did **** all with him

• Like 1

Yeah, but the lightsaber hilt isn't feasible.

An imaginery weapon has an element that isn't feasible? You'd have to watch you didn't burn through your hand, but having a Claymore instead of a Rapier without a guard for the lightsabre would stop any potential "aaaah you've just taken my hand off!" in a fight.

Yeah, but the lightsaber hilt isn't feasible.

An imaginery weapon has an element that isn't feasible? You'd have to watch you didn't burn through your hand, but having a Claymore instead of a Rapier without a guard for the lightsabre would stop any potential "aaaah you've just taken my hand off!" in a fight.

I don't buy it.

Why? A hilt is a real thing, a useful thing, its a sensible addition and your hand would only hit the metal ports that stick out (like real hilts) anyway, they wouldn't hit the actual light.

Its no more dangerous than the lightsabre itself anyway.

Lightsaber-Force-Awakens.jpg

ERMAHGERD

The guard on this lightsaber is stupid

Everything else is amazing.

Trouble is the dicking with the lightsaber is indicative of a wider problem.

We had a gimmicky new lightsaber in episode 1 as well - and look at what a total dogshit covered abortion that turned out to be.

The trailer was good (trailers always are - thats the point) but I do worry its going to be typical JJ formulaic fayre, gimmicky baddie, lens flare, some space shit, more lens flare.... rinse and repeat.

Still some work to do to convince me I should care.

This. Given how much I disliked the Star Trek reboot, I just can't raise any excitement for this. The last time I got excited about a star wars trailer they gave me The Phantom Menace. Edited by Villanun

Â