Joe Cole

TrentVilla

"All"??????

What did you expect?

A hat trick & 70 yard wonder balls all day long?

Lambert knew there was "a good player in there" before the game, hence Coles selection.

Stop trying to be negative for the sake of it-Your post adds nothing to the debate

Actually your post adds nothing to the conversation as I wasn't being negative.

I was wrong I think he will be a big asset to the club. Hope he stays fit and stays in the starting lineup. Big decision next week is who we leave out for Benteke. Maybe Gabby!

Be Gabby all day long for me. Benteke and Weinmann play well together, whereas i dont think thats the case with gabby

• Like 1

I've only seen the highlights from yesterday so can't comment fully.

But it was great to see a midfielder getting beyond the striker a few times.

Its something we desperately need. Players like Cleverley and Westwood are very limited without that link to the strikers.

Joe Cole or not, we need a player who does what he did yesterday

• Like 2

Westwood or Sanchez in that scenario.

Think Sanchez might be the one to miss out at the moment as Westwood has earned his stripes in the team.

Longer term I think Cleverly and Westwood are a bit too similar so maybe one of them should miss out providing Sanchez improves.

Westwood or Sanchez in that scenario.

Think Sanchez might be the one to miss out at the moment as Westwood has earned his stripes in the team.

Longer term I think Cleverly and Westwood are a bit too similar so maybe one of them should miss out providing Sanchez improves.

We could see Cole on bench. Lambert might think its to close to sat games to risk him playing two in a row. Hope not though

He has his hands on his hips and looks tired after 5 minutes lol but fair play to him he put in the best performance from a Villa player this season imo.  If he had a more clinical striker than Gabby playing up top he would of got a couple of assissts vs Burnley.  Hope he plays Tuesday. 

Interesting that Wieman got an assist thanks to somebody else up front moving intelligently. Would never have happened if he had only N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor to aim at.

Please start Joe Cole in every game from now on.

probably cant play every game at his age though.. We need to be careful with him not to lose him to injury. He may have to leave him out midweek.. maybe with Benteke back we can bring him on the bench. Start Grealish. 

I think Cole should play in midfield and drop one of Sanchez or Westwood for Benteke. The the back 4 whoever is fit. 

We've improved from West Ham to Southampton to Burnley and not we need to try get the win as if we follow that up with a win against Leicester we'll look back on 9 points from 5 games as a big result and start saying unbeaten in 5. 

• Like 1

I see your thinking CV but I don't think Lambert feels Cole is fit enough to get up and down in midfield. Hence the free role on Sat.

To be honest he maybe right as even in the free role he only lasted 60 mins. I think as his fitness builds hopefully he'll be able to play a wider number of roles.

That would be useful as currently with Benteke back to get Cole in the team we need to drop either a midfielder as you suggest which I believe will leave us light in midfield if Cole does struggle or an attacker in Gabby or Weimann which reduces options going forward and takes an "athlete" out of team (something which I think Lambert would never do against any team in top half.

Cole should start as the AM at the top of a diamond or in the number 10 role, shame he struggles with fitness as he is the closest in terms of quality we have got since Merson

Cole should start tomorrow, and Saturday. Replace him with Benteke and it will be the same dross again.

He doesn't have to play three games in a week in the middle of a season, just three games in a week. Then he can rest again.

Â