Roy Keane

TrentVilla

When Keane answered that question I think he was referring to other teams that have struggled like Villa rather than other teams that are supposedly for sale like VIlla. So I don't think he had Newcastle or Everton on his mind at all. If anybody perhaps a team like Sunderland.

Also a very plausible explanation. 

Man Utd too perhaps?

In the one interview I seen he looked uncomfortable and fairly downbeat in his demeanor despite saying the contrary, but hey i guess thats Roy. Thought it strange to say the club for sale is immaterial to him, not sure how an important piece of criteria can be so easily dismissed.....depends what has been said to him behind closed doors.Thought mentioning possible in coming players was the managers job, particularly when selling season tickets is of major importance....perhaps my mischievious mind is playing tricks on me.

we will just have to wait and see.

At one point he said something like "I might not look it, but I'm excited". So I wouldn't read too much into how he looks. He also said he's looking forward to getting "this nonsense" out of the way, referring to the media/press side of things.

In my  - apparently extreme minority - view, getting Keane could easily be brilliant for us.  I am aware of some negatives but am  unaware of anyone who has no negatives, I really like his positives, and it wont be bad at all to have a proven winner here. I am aware also of the failures of other United people, but also of some successes, I just think he could turn out to be terrific for the Club generally and the youngsters.

There is no doubt he will alienate some, but I have a feeling that may be no bad thing either.

In fact with Keane, a new signing in Okore, a fit again Benteke, a born again Cole, and a wiser Lambert, I think we may be pleasantly suprised.

You read it here - optomistic Villa fan still exists. :D

How dare you. Stop this foolishness immediately 

Well as it stands there's as much chance of that being the reality as us being certainties for the drop

I'd say as it stands we look more likely to drop than have a season that surprises us all in a good way.

Well as it stands there's as much chance of that being the reality as us being certainties for the drop

I'd say as it stands we look more likely to drop than have a season that surprises us all in a good way.

I agree with this unfortunately, although I would say that most likely of all is another season similar to the last two and a 13th-17th place finish.

Â