Roy Keane

TrentVilla

It's the old...

Villa fans moan we haven't got an assistant manager.

Villa get in an assistant manager.

Villa fans, err yeah not that assistant manager.

I suppose it needs to be mr perfect who has won all assistant manager awards in the world and wants to come to a club that is in limbo and not spending much.

I'd seen very few (if any)moaning that we didn't have an assistant manager. I'd also seen very few saying we should have a brilliant assistant manager (most understand the situation we are in).

What I had seen was people disappointed that our club was getting someone who comes across as a pretty detestable person, who hasn't got a very good record at premiership level.

Edited by mikeyp102

20yrs too late but a big welcome to Roy Keane, I for one think this is a brilliant move by Lambert as he needs the help of an experienced person.

That said this squad is pretty poor and no amount of coaching is going to cure that but I'm a little bit happier that we have Roy Keane as at least we know that when they play badly he wont mince his words if the effort wasn't there.

There were times last season when I felt certain players needed a kick up the arse.

Some accused Lambert of not doing this, well with Roy Keane we all know they'll be told if they need to be.

If they don't like it they can do one, they get paid enough!

It's the old...

I suppose it needs to be mr perfect who has won all assistant manager awards in the world and wants to come to a club that is in limbo and not spending much.

I'd seen very few (if any)moaning that we didn't have an assistant manager. I'd also seen very few saying we should have a brilliant assistant manager (most understand the situation we are in).

What I had seen was people disappointed that our club was getting someone who comes across as a pretty detestable person, who hasn't got a very good record at premiership level.

I've seen all the examples VF1970 listed. There were definitely a few people asking why a new assistant manager had not been signed, and I've seen people listing Rene Muelensteen(sp) and Steve Clarke as better options. Who happened to previously be Chelsea and Man Utd assistant managers. Aiming pretty high there.

It's the old...

I've seen all the examples VF1970 listed. There were definitely a few people asking why a new assistant manager had not been signed, and I've seen people listing Rene Muelensteen(sp) and Steve Clarke as better options. Who happened to previously be Chelsea and Man Utd assistant managers. Aiming pretty high there.

Sunderland players celebrate after Roy Keane resigns

By Rob Stewart

9:34PM GMT 04 Dec 2008

Roy Keane's shock departure as Sunderland manager sparked celebration among the players, it emerged on Thursday night.

"He ruled by fear," said one source close to the squad, who added that Keane's hardline management methods had alienated many at the relegation-threatened club.

Keane is understood to have announced his departure by sending club chairman Niall Quinn a text message. Quinn made several attempts to contact Keane to try to change his mind, but his calls and texts went unanswered.

However, Quinn's fears were confirmed when Keane's London-based solicitor, Michael Kennedy, faxed a statement signed by his client to the club on Thursday at lunchtime.

Keane later put out a brief statement which read: "I would like to thank my staff, players, Niall Quinn and, in particular, the fans for their support during my time at Sunderland, and I would like to wish the club every success in the future."

Quinn, who is considering installing Sam Allardyce as Keane's successor, had returned from a short break in Portugal to sort out his fellow Irishman's future. But Keane has not been seen at Sunderland since last Saturday's 4-1 defeat by Bolton and he maintained his distance by staying at the family home in Cheshire, from where he has been commuting to Wearside by helicopter recently.

"After the weekend, without going into too much detail, we gave him a bit of time to himself because everyone hurts after a result like that," Quinn told a media conference. "He was down and we tried to move it along, but we couldn't quite get there.

"He will get a bit of time to himself now and I am sure he will recharge and get going again, and I am sure we all know the Premier League hasn't seen the last of him and he has got great things to come."

Keane did not bother heading to the club's training ground to bid farewell to the players in person.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/3551680/Sunderland-players-celebrate-after-Roy-Keane-resigns-Football.html

they also celebrated when DI Canio was sacked. Says a lot about the players more than manager

It's the old...

Villa get in a volatile, bullying psychopath instead

Villa fans, err yeah now how about an assistant manager.

Fixed for you.

Actually, to be frank, I have no idea how this will turn out. It may be brilliant, it may be chaos. As a Villa fan I have a natural tendency to assume the worst, so I'm going with chaos at present but will be glad to be proved wrong.

• Like 1

It's the old...

Villa get in a volatile, bullying psychopath instead

Villa fans, err yeah now how about an assistant manager.

Fixed for you.

Actually, to be frank, I have no idea how this will turn out. It may be brilliant, it may be chaos. As a Villa fan I have a natural tendency to assume the worst, so I'm going with chaos at present but will be glad to be proved wrong.

A psychopath? Calm down dear, he's not Fred West. 

Keane , Lambert, Cowans .

I'd give them all squad numbers next season !

You are Randy Lerner and I claim my £5

Unfortunately I am unable to release the £5 until the sale has gone through.

• Like 3

Â