Am I the only one who encountered completely retarded keepers? They either save everything or let in the dumbest goals. I played on my friend's xbox one and I scored a goal from 35-40 out that practically hit the keeper in the forehead and went in. I also scored a goal that whizzed by the goalie's foot that could have been easily saved. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one who encountered completely retarded keepers? They either save everything or let in the dumbest goals. I played on my friend's xbox one and I scored a goal from 35-40 out that practically hit the keeper in the forehead and went in. I also scored a goal that whizzed by the goalie's foot that could have been easily saved. 

Three games I have played so far I have scored one goal, nearly impossible to score.  :(

Maybe its the new animations? Was the one over the goalies foot where he dives the wrong way onto the floor? Happened to me a few times yesterday.

Maybe its the new animations? Was the one over the goalies foot where he dives the wrong way onto the floor? Happened to me a few times yesterday.

The first goal from distance, the keeper made an animation like the ball just flew yards over the net, but in reality, it went right next to him into the net. 2nd goal I just remember the keeper reacting really late. 

I think it's really good. Love the slightly duller colour palette used. Feels authentic.

Game play feels really nice too.

Defending is a bit hard to start and I've had a free kick right down the middle let in.. but it feels more grown up than the last game.

I played the fifa 15 demo for a long time today on my friend's xbox one. We played at least for 4-5 hours and I was testing a lot of different stuff. Basically in all those matches, I found a lot of positives and some negatives.

So what's good? I really liked the passing. It was very precise. Also the dribbling was vastly improved. The ball stuck to my foot with good dribblers. Over the top through balls are still there, but not as effective although they can still be used with good timing which is realistic at least. Pace is still there to be exploited but it's much harder so it requires skill. Shooting around the box is more difficult as well which I liked.  Now it's not a guaranteed goal if you shot from the 18-22 yard lines.

So what's bad? Goalkeepers. Although, keepers are supposedly getting fixed. Literally every single game, there was a terrible goal keeping error involving an easy shot that should be saved 99 times out of 100. I honestly wanted to start recording all the errors because they were just so frequent. Finesse shots from distances are still op with the right players. Lavezzi, Mertens, Silva, Nasri, Reus, and Hazard were players that I was pretty consistent with scoring finesse shots. There is a 5-10 yard sweet spot where you cut into the middle of the field and finesse and you are guaranteed a goal or corner. Finally the most game braking mechanic I found was running. Yes just running. Get the ball and just run basically straight. Seriously try it. If you player has 80+ pace or decent strength, you can probably run the ball across the whole field and have a shot. My friend kept doing it from kick off. He literally just ran the ball towards the corner flag and I could not stop him at all. I tried this with Reus and Aubamuyang, and it was pretty much a guaranteed breakaway from wherever I started.

Overall though, the game is good. Much better than 14.

Apparently it's a fairly old build and so the demo isn't really a fair representation.

Either way passing felt worthwhile, pace is better but it seems you can still blow past people, dribbling is much improved and so far I wasn't getting hounded by the AI all time time, I even got fouls too when I shielded...that was a shock!

I did a bit of team mate press (spits at EA/FIFA developers) and auto tackles remain....hopefully it won't be as bad as 14, it was an outright lie when they said auto tackle was barely noticeable.

Feels smoother, but we shall see.

Not a big fan of the gameplay, but like we say it'll be markedly different come full release.  Seriously though, the goalkeepers are either the second coming of Lev Yashin one minute or cardboard cut-outs of Andy Dibble the next.

Not a big fan of the gameplay, but like we say it'll be markedly different come full release.  Seriously though, the goalkeepers are either the second coming of Lev Yashin one minute or cardboard cut-outs of Andy Dibble the next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtYamLJ8BJ0   

Let's hope so ;)

Couldn't work out how to embed a youtube video....any tips?

Thanks Stevo! :)

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay
  • Like 2

Â