Looks fine to me, that video could be them playing the computer or somebody just awful at the game.

The defending on the last Fifa was fine as well the only thing I hated was the long diagonal balls that you could pull off everytime, got a bit annoying.

The video was filmed in the online seasons. Once you get invited to the beta you either get invited to online seasons, online FUT or career mode. You can only play the mode they invite you to.

I wouldn't put it down to bad defending as i've been able to do it with with even slower players, can do i every game if i wanted. People have also caught on and i get it happen to me almost every game.

It's not just one or two people complaining about the defending. The beta forums that they give you access to are flooded with similar complaints.

but look at the last example on that video. The defenders are just wandering about, and some of them slide tackling thin air miles away from the ball.

And the first one. Twice the defenders could have tackled Giroud. First Marcelo presses him and then just stands there. Next the Centre back is easily outpacing him but dives in with a crap tackle and misses and giroud is away. If he'd just pressed him he'd have easily tackled him.

The cazorla one is the only one that really looks like he paces everybody. But even then the CB (pepe maybe) still catches him but just gets done by a simple turn in the box.

Not saying there isn't a problem, but the defending in that video is plain shite and I think that probably accentuates whatever the problem is. Honestly, rewatch the video and just look at what the defenders are doing. It's laughable.

I don't think it's coincidence that all of the example in that video appear to be from the same game. My guess is he came up against someone who can't play Fifa.

Edited by Stevo985

It's undoubtedly going to be shit, it's FIFA. It wouldn't be as big an issue if EA had any intent on fixing the game after release, but just playing now I scored a ridiculous goal, the goalie was trying to see the ball out... despite it being straight down the middle of his goal. :lol:

One thing I've never quite understood with fifa but it's never changed is the huge font for guys with short names, like HART or GIBBS, they are stretched way too far over the back of the shirt. Looks bizarre.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

That video was a joke. Who ever was playing isn't very good at defending, or the AI was set to amateur.

The only thing I saw wrong in that video was the goalkeeping error from the freekick at the end.

I'd say that i'm very good at defending on Fifa 14, but Fifa 15 has me looking like the people in them videos. Players really do run by you with ease and no amount of pressing will stop it. The slowest players on the game will easily run past the fastest defenders even with you smashing the shirt pull button.

The number one complaint on the forum is the defending. I noticed it after the second game. I'm just hoping this beta is a really old build and all we're really testing is the servers.

One thing I've never quite understood with fifa but it's never changed is the huge font for guys with short names, like HART or GIBBS, they are stretched way too far over the back of the shirt. Looks bizarre.

I thought I was the only one that noticed that

Admittedly it's only a minor detail but such an odd little oversight for a game that prides itself on the aesthetics side of looking like a tv/sky production style game of football.

That video was a joke. Who ever was playing isn't very good at defending, or the AI was set to amateur.

The only thing I saw wrong in that video was the goalkeeping error from the freekick at the end.

I'd say that i'm very good at defending on Fifa 14, but Fifa 15 has me looking like the people in them videos. Players really do run by you with ease and no amount of pressing will stop it. The slowest players on the game will easily run past the fastest defenders even with you smashing the shirt pull button.

The number one complaint on the forum is the defending. I noticed it after the second game. I'm just hoping this beta is a really old build and all we're really testing is the servers.

Ah fair enough, so you're playing the beta build. How does it play? From the limited videos I've seen, the game play actually looks quite impressive, on the next gen consoles at least. Also seems a bit faster IMO.

Always noticed this! It looks so stupid at times haha.

The game is much faster. I really do like the passing and playing at Villa Park is great. They just need to touch up on the defending, maybe take the speed of the game down and sort out the keepers.

• Like 1

Why are they so intent on making these games realistic? Why aren't there more fun game modes? When I play with my friends I'm satisfied that the game was realistic enough 6 years ago, I want things like when you're playing a random good team against a random shite team, there should be a mode where the shite team can go into the reserves of the good team and pick three players out of it or something. Stuff like that. I think they're lazy and unimaginative in how much fun there could be when two men sit in a room and play friendly after friendly against each other. Mix it up a bit FIFA. Bring back the alien abductions

I just want them to get the basics right, and whenever they get onto a good thing like Fifa 12, 13, they take 5 steps back and release shite like this years excuse of a game.

• Like 2

Career mode gets boring after a few seasons especially when you've got a great team and won everything. Hope there's something that could add some spice into the mix

Career mode has always been shit since online gaming came around IMO.

Â