Did anyone else get an invite to the closed beta? I got one for Fifa 14 last year, but didn't register as i thought it was a scam. Got one for Fifa 15 and it turns out they're legit. Beta starts today, but no email with the code, yet...

Did anyone else get an invite to the closed beta? I got one for Fifa 14 last year, but didn't register as i thought it was a scam. Got one for Fifa 15 and it turns out they're legit. Beta starts today, but no email with the code, yet...

Lucky bugger

Played for a few hours now. Some changes i've noticed.

Playing at Villa park. AMAZING! Even though we still have our old kit for some reason...

Keepers are gods, they save nearly every 1v1. Headers still go in, but not as much. Keepers are prone to make a big mistake or two (i'd say this is a glitch)

Defending just isn't there. One pass can leave your whole defence useless. I think there is something wrong with the defending though. They seem slow and lazy to react to the attacking player changing direction and they tend to bunch up and leave big caps.

Pace seems to be killer because of the defence being so bad. Players running at full speed with the ball has too much directional movement which the defenders can't cope with.

I'm glad they released a beta because some of these things really need fixing.

Played for a few hours now. Some changes i've noticed.

Playing at Villa park. AMAZING! Even though we still have our old kit for some reason...

Keepers are gods, they save nearly every 1v1. Headers still go in, but not as much. Keepers are prone to make a big mistake or two (i'd say this is a glitch)

Defending just isn't there. One pass can leave your whole defence useless. I think there is something wrong with the defending though. They seem slow and lazy to react to the attacking player changing direction and they tend to bunch up and leave big caps.

Pace seems to be killer because of the defence being so bad. Players running at full speed with the ball has too much directional movement which the defenders can't cope with.

I'm glad they released a beta because some of these things really need fixing.

I bet that's pretty much what the game will get released as, or if not that then something with entirely different but equally game breaking problems. And I'll still pay £40 for it.

She's probably sick of you playing the same 5 minute demo matches over and over again on Fifa 14

I've only played that once in the last few months :lol:

I usually always play BF4, but no one was on because they're bored of it and I aint got any other games :(

Does it play anything like the World Cup game?

The World Cup game was vastly superior to FIFA 14 because they ironed out a few exploits.

The long lob pass was made flatter so you could no longer play a through ball to your front man from inside your own 6 yard box and pace was more equalised so that you could catch a man running through if the man clear was in possession of the ball. Crosses and corners were also less effective making it a bit easier to play. The pressure game was still overpowered but you could kind of live with it.

I enjoyed playing online much more as you could have a proper game rather that the tennis match FIFA 14 has become (lofted ball, sprint, cross, header).

I didn't play the world cup game. I'd already moved over to next gen at the time.

Played a few more hours today here my highs and lows

Highs

• I really like the passing, it's very crisp.

• The new animations are great. Little flick passes and the keeper spilling the ball and jumping on it right away.

• Visuals are great. The pitch getting wrecked during the game. You see boot prints in the grass and the keeper area get torn up (some people love the little details)

• You can set individual tactics for players. I had KEA set to cut passing lanes and you can set wingers to cut inside or send the centre back up front if you're losing in the last minutes.

Lows

• Shooting is inconsistent. You will aim for the far corner and it will end up right down the middle. Sometimes you will only tap the shoot button and it goes miles over.

• The game is way too fasted paced. I much prefer a slower game.

• The defence suffers from the fast paced game. Defenders feel sluggish and slow to react. They seems to step into midfield and leave open gaps. Players running at the defence have the chance to just run right by the defender and there is nothing you can do about it.

• Goalkeepers, they save nearly every 1vs1, but also make some terrible mistakes. I took a shot, the ball went right up into the air, the keeper came running out under it to claim it. He runs past the ball and falls down to the ground and i score an easy header.

• Again, pace abuse seems like it's back. Your left and right back stand no chance with a fast player running with the ball. They really do get left for dust.

Again, this is only a beta and i hope they listen to what people are posting on the feedback forums. The game has the potential to be great, but a few things need sorting. Demo should be out soon, so maybe we get a more updated build.

Edited by Daniel

Â