Jeremy Clarkson upsets some people again.....

mykeyb

Chris Evans would be more than a good replacement for Clarkson, hes become a grumpy old man and its time he went. Thing is he owns the rights to Top Gear so either way he makes money from it.

Edited by tinker

Sorry, age is not an acceptable excuse. Plus the same rhyme can be used with the word "fishy", replacing that word. He should know better.

Do fishy's even have toes 

Did no one else use this version? Hmmm...

So it turns out my Mom was probably mental, as she thought fish had toes, and taught me a rhyme about it.... At least she's not a racist though.

It was nigger at my school too. But to be honest, I never made the connection until well in to senior school when somebody pulled me up on it. I don't know why, I just assumed the word had a double meaning, mad as that seems now.

Now I'm 30, I don't play eeny-meeny.

Clarkson has no excuse. Again neither do the BBC for keeping him on. I might stop paying my license fee, let them take me to court.

I was taught 'catch a nigger by it's toe' in first school. I'm 26 so not that long ago. It's not cool though, he should know better.

I think we said Douglas Bader

I could be wrong

• Like 1

I always preferred, "Ip dip dog shit. Hang it on a ladies tit" anyway. 

It was 'Ip dip dog shit, you trod in it' in Nuneaton. :lol:

Was a piggy that we caught by it's toe at our school.

Yes and mine, along with Racing Car Number Nine whose petrol leak surely must have been fixed by now?

• Like 1

On the subject of nursery rhymes being different, depending on where you grew up (this is a much better topic, that that oaf Clarkson btw), my brother's girlfriend is from Dublin, and was shocked that our Brummie little piggies got roast beef, while her Irish little piggies got bread and water.  

• Like 2

So something that he didn't say 2 years ago has got some people uptight

Right o

What next ? we dig up Guy Gibson and hound his corpse for the name of his dog ?

Â