New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Everything is too claret and blue. It just makes the shirt look messy and doesn't add any interesting accents/details. I prefer the current badge tbh even though the lion completely disappears when looked at from a distance.

Edited by Rolta

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

What's wrong with that?

I expanded on the thought in the next sentence. The yellow, or even white, in other badges helps add a bit of contrast/interest to the shirt, and I think the new badges are missing that.

Having said that in the two minutes since my first post both of these badges have started growing on me. I just think they need a white border or something to add some interest, but I also just realised that I don't really care that much!

EDIT (I care more than I realise): I like the crest more—it just needs a white border. It's modern and interesting. The round badge is a bit predictable.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Apologies if this has been done already. But I think the shield option looks way better with a yellow lion. Currently it just feels very.... blue. In my opinion a golden lion stands out brilliantly against the claret background of both the badge, and the home kit as a whole. On the kit it's a lovely little highlight. It's admittedly a bit West Ham, but we do it far better.

Untitled-1.png.cbceb3de5d5523fd8544f71aa5e5fa1a.png

This is much better.

13 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Apologies if this has been done already. But I think the shield option looks way better with a yellow lion. Currently it just feels very.... blue. In my opinion a golden lion stands out brilliantly against the claret background of both the badge, and the home kit as a whole. On the kit it's a lovely little highlight. It's admittedly a bit West Ham, but we do it far better.

This is the one

14 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Yeah that's very nice. Get rid of the star and maybe change the colour of the text.

Just now, sne said:

Yeah that's very nice. Get rid of the star and maybe change the colour of the text.

Yeah the star could go, or just be under the badge on the shirt. Re. text colour, I did try yellow, but then its too yellow someone. Any other suggestions?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rolta said:

This is much better.

I do like that, and have always wanted more gold, but funnily enough, after seeing the new ones, i now think the one above looks too West Ham.

So i'm wondering if this was one of the agencies thoughts when designing.

So far option 1 is the only option.

Option 2 is the only option. 

Both would be fine with a few changes 

Both are loads better than what we currently have

Both are far worse than what we currently have

They look modern but 1 looks more modern. 

They look old fashioned. 

Is that a good summary? 

Edited by sidcow

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So far option 1 is the only option.

Option 2 is the only option. 

Both would be fine with a few changes 

Both are loads better than what we currently have

Both are far worse than what we currently have

They look modern but 1 looks more modern. 

They look old fashioned. 

Is that a good summary? 

This sums up the Villa Collective thought with regards to most elements of our club to be fair. lol

41 minutes ago, jayEm said:

It's embarrassing how much better this is than the actual option