New Club Crest Ideas

musicw8832

New Club Crest?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a redesigned club crest?

• Yes, the current one is rubbish
    • No, happy with current crest
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, useless said:

Lion without circle or shield looks very good, but once you add the circle around the rampant lion it and all the other round badges look like a lame inferior copies of the old round badge.

The trouble is as good as the rampant lion looks without a circle or shield around it, like that there isn't really anything that makes it unique to us, as it would basically be the lion from the Cheseal and Scotland badge.

This was important take away from my last post 'The new Buck is only looking ahead, an imposing figure determined and focused on the path in front of him', I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar with us, change the Lion so it's looking ahead, but it's hard to make that unique as there are so many other companies that have logo featuring a lion facing outward.

How about saving the Lion without circle just for the kits and then using an alternate logo - perhaps interlocking AV -  for everything else  (e.g. merchandise and social media)? In a way the reverse of American baseball teams who use letters on their caps and a logo for their other branding.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

How about saving the Lion without circle just for the kits and then using an alternate logo - perhaps interlocking AV -  for everything else  (e.g. merchandise and social media)? In a way the reverse of American baseball teams who use letters on their caps and a logo for their other branding.

Think you could be on to something …

Seems we are looking backwards whilst moving forwards how about a modern homage to the AV floodlights - pixelated and recognisable … 

CB4359C5-825C-4F31-A564-718C78AEB52F.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Netherlands have the Lion in a shield but because the the shield is the same color as the rest of the shirt you can only see the Lion when it's on the shirt.

netherlands-football-team-logo-99AD54AC2

Maybe something like that could work for us, but with a claret shield and golden lion.

Yep, that’s the one I was taking about. It’s lovely.

They also did this for the womens team, pretty cool.

https://amp.footyheadlines.com/99306415578072961/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Crap article. Not a Villa badge in sight yet the 2 other muppet clubs in the vicinity are on the list. Obviously written by a retard.

Aside from there being no Aston Villa, that's a lot of rubbish in there, and the order seems totally arbitrary.  Rubbish article.  I'm annoyed I gave them an extra entry on their unique visitors counter. 

21 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

We dont need F.C. after Aston Villa on the badge as there is no other entity that refers to itself as Aston Villa. 

Au contraire.

[Content warning: contains terrible French soft rock, viewer discretion advised]

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, skarroki said:

As long as they don't put the star inside the badge they can do what they please. Put the star where it should be or get rid. 

League won't let us put it anywhere else other than the badge... Where do you think it should be?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

League won't let us put it anywhere else other than the badge... Where do you think it should be?

Thought I remember reading that.

I'd probably put it between Aston ⭐ Villa like that. Not perfect but better than the current placing imo.

17 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Just as long as the lion is no longer yellow, it will be an improvement on the hideous thing we have now.

I would personally go round badge, claret outer circle, blue middle and claret lion.

My preference as well, but would go with gold lion instead of claret and Aston Villa in gold as well.

5 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

My preference as well, but would go with gold lion instead of claret and Aston Villa in gold as well.

Gold lion on blue is the biggest issue we have at the moment.  Why would you want to keep it that way?

39 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Gold lion on blue is the biggest issue we have at the moment.  Why would you want to keep it that way?

Because I'm nostalgic, and it was that crest on my first Villa shirt in 1982. I have never had a problem with gold on blue...

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Screenshot_20220627-122753_Facebook.jpg

There's going to be a lot of dislike for this but that middle badge is my childhood badge in the way the old round one is for many people on this board. My memory is hazy at best of my childhood, particularly with regards to villa and players - but that badge symbolises it for me and is a memory surrounded by hazy Muller or AST or Cows shirts.

I don't think it's a finished article, but I could get behind something like this.

• Like 1