$200 Million Takeover

supernova26

For me this is what I feared most, hence staying quiet on the speculation.

If we don't get a buyer quickly and I very much doubt we will (not many would buy into the money pit in a rush) then we will be in limbo, stuck with a poor manager and a very under strength squad. I really can't see Lerner sanctioning any transfers in unless there isn't any buyers in the offing, even then it would probably be more cheap dross.

I really hope that the sale is much further on than it appears to be.

This is why I think a deal is a lot closer than we think. No way is Lerner going to risk the chance of still being owner for next season with the state the squad has been left in. He will no full well relegation is very likely and then his loss's will be hugh!

A deal we'll be done sooner rather than later.

But Lerner may not have a choice - if there's no buyer, there is no buyer ? - you seem to be implying he should look harder for one - but what happens if no one wants to buy us ?
I'm not implying he should look harder I'm implying that a deal is already on the cards.

What you said was 'No way will Lerner risk being the owner next season' - but if no buyer comes forward he doesn't have a choice.

I mean the bigger picture. The lack of investment last summer and in particularly in January. I don't think the investment would be that minimal if he wasn't confidence the club is to be sold. Hey just my opinion. I'll be very surprised if there is not new owners announced in the next few weeks.

I think it will be similar to when Lerner bought us - We will know the idenitity of our proposed buyer by July - with the deal concluded August\September....

I think Lerner knows that if he hadn't sold the club or had no interested parties that coming out and saying 'We are for sale, I want to leave' could cause a lot of issues if he ends up being here next season. I think we would have seen more of a statement that we are operating on a budget but slowly turning a corner if we weren't being sold.

After what he has come out and said I think the deal is almost done.

I remember hearing an interview with Doug Ellis where he claimed to have sang on live TV as a six year old on Boxing Day. Not even sure if Television was a thing back then. : )

Phil Williams ‏@PhilWilliams

Just spoken to Doug Ellis. He told me he's heard a deal's been done for Villa with an American. Hear it at 23.15 on @bbc5live

TBAR have been saying this for weeks.

Who is Phil Williams ?

He has a blue tick on twitter which proves hes verified hes alaso a villa fan and reports on 5live of a evening

Villa fan reporting on a Villa story on 5Live? Sounds like some Blurred Lines for Phil Williams, but I suppose he's Happy.

Edited by StanBalaban

Phil Williams ‏@PhilWilliams

Just spoken to Doug Ellis. He told me he's heard a deal's been done for Villa with an American. Hear it at 23.15 on @bbc5live

TBAR have been saying this for weeks.

Maybe Doug Ellis is Admin :-O

If he was there's no chance he'd be using a picture of somebody else as his avatar.

Screen_shot_2011-05-30_at_10.34.36_PM.pn

Black Doug?

• Like 3

His own position appears bleak if Villa do succeed in attracting a buyer, with Lerner understood to have held tentative discussions with at least one party.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10825782/Aston-Villa-manager-Paul-Lamberts-transfer-plans-and-future-in-turmoil-after-Randy-Lerners-decision-to-sell.html

• Like 1

Our former chairman is not in the know any more and surely if someone had told him the identity of the prospective buyer he would not want to put any deal at risk by breaking the story this far past his bed time? ;)   

• Like 1